sixteen (16)

*wilhelm's point of view*

he thought i was sleeping when he woke up. i wasn't. i couldn't help but lay there next to him and think about what he said to me. i wonder if this is what he felt like when i said it to him. i knew it wasn't. he didn't say it back then. and maybe he didn't feel it. and now he does. he feels it now but he couldn't even say it when he was sober. that made me feel like i wasn't enough.

shortly after he woke up there was knocking at the door. it was 12:02 on a sunday, so i don't think anyone was expecting him to be sleeping, especially with me in his bed. other than felice, of course, but i don't think she counts. i heard him stumble out of bed and walk over to the door. it was for sure felice. she would do anything to find something else to make fun of us for. but that's why we keep her around.

"go away felice," he whispered when he got to the door.

why didn't he just yell it? then he wouldn't have had to get out of bed. oh. he thinks i'm sleeping.

i heard a muffled voice through the door, and it definitely wasn't felice, but it was still strangely familiar.

"you can go away too."

apparently it wasn't anyone important.

"please, simme, we need to talk," the voice begged.

sara? oh shit. this wasn't gonna be good.

he thought for a moment.

"fine," he said, and then he opened the door.

i couldn't hear what he said after that because he was whispering. i appreciated the fact that he was trying to let me sleep, but it was unnecessary. after a few minutes of hushed voices, i heard a door open and the voices were gone. strange. whaever, he'd be back eventaully. i don't think his own sister would murder him. take a knife and run it down his back, but not actually hurt him.

maybe now that he wasn't next to me, clouding my thoughts, i would be able to sleep. i closed my eyes and tried to get comfortable. but the more i tossed and turned, the more i drowned in his scent. it was intoxicating. my heart started to speed up. i was sweating. i flung the bedding off of me. then i pulled off my sweatshirt. it was too hot in here.

i stretched out on the bed. i locked my eyes shut. nothing was helping. if i just breathed maybe it would go away.

in. 1, 2, 3, 4.

hold. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

out. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

again. and then again. and then again. it was getting better. again. my pulse was almost back to normal. i felt less tense. i opened my eyes. i loved it when it worked like that. it was a rare occurrence, but it made me feel so powerful when i could stop an attack before it started. i closed my eyes feeling like i could sleep now.

buzz... buzz....

really? it was coming from my pocket. i pulled my phone out and looked at the caller id.