thirty five (35)

*wilhelm's point of view*

six weeks later

it was sunday, and unfortunately we had to spend most of the day studying because there's a math and economics exam tomorrow. simon insisted that we wake up super early so we can split the day up, and he had no mercy for me waking up this morning.

"open! your! eyes!" he said, pounding on my chest.

i brought my legs up to my chest in pain.

"come on, lets go!"

and now it was 10:30, and we were in the library with 5 books spread over the table.

"why can't we just get private lessons again? i can pay for yours."

he glared at me.

"no! we are doing this in the responsible and fair way."

"you thought it was fine 8 months ago."

"8 months ago we were making out in dark hallways."

i sucked my lips in and nodded.

i'm trying to focus, i really am, but it feels impossible. and i know the whole point of being here is to "focus on my studies", which obviously isn't true anymore. and it's not like i really need to get very far academically. well, that's a lie. typically princes are expected to go to law school and you need top grades for that. i turned to simon.

"what do you want to do with your life after you graduate?"

he aggrivatedly shut his book.

"what?"

"like what do you want to do for work?"

he thought about it.

"i don't know, sing maybe?" he said, "why?"

"because i'm supposed to go to law school and that doesn't sound like the best thing in the world."

"why is that even necessary?"

"so i have an idea of how to handle certain things when i'm king, i guess."

"that's stupid."

"i know."

"why does that have anything to do with what i want to do?"

i sighed.

"i don't know. i guess just to see where things will end up."

"you need to stop thinking about the future. it only stresses you out," he said, opening the book again.

"i know," i sighed, coming back to the math problem i was staring at.

after another hour and a half, i had a relative idea of what i was supposed to know for the test. we were walking down to lunch now.

"are you sure you got that last part? i think it might be the most important part."

i rolled my eyes.

"yes, i'm expecting a c+ at least."

he opened his mouth at me.

"that's barely passing."

"it's passing enough for me."

"not if you want to get into law school."

"who said i wanted to get in?"

he laughed.

lunch was relatively quiet. i could tell that almost everyone else was as mentally drained as i was. exams are not fun. unless your simon, of course. it's not torture to him. it's a fun challenge. bullshit.