thirty one (31)

*wilhelm's point of view*

one month later

*emetophobia warning

simon was hurling over the toilet. this has been happening all week. i was sitting on the cold tile behind him, rubbing his back. when he plopped down and leaned into me, i wiped the hair out of his eyes.

"how are you feeling, baby?" it was pointless for me to ask because i knew what he was going to say.

"like dog shit."

precisely.

but to be fair, if i had a stomach virus i would feel the same. all throughout every night, he would get up and run to the bathroom. i wanted nothing more than to make sure he was okay, so i got up with him every time. then we would wake up in the morning incredibly exhausted, and he would puke at least twice before breakfast. then he would eat a very small portion of food, knowing it would just come right back up again two hours later. in between almost every class, he would run to the bathroom again, and then he would shower at lunch because throwing up made him feel gross.

he's been to the nurse, and he's taking antibiotics, but he's getting better very slowly. tonight was the best he's been since it started because it was 10 p.m. now and it's only happened twice since 6.

whatever it was wasn't contagious, because if it was i would definitely have it by now. so i just tried to help him through whatever this was.

"do you think you're ready to try and get some sleep?"

he nodded, and i stood up reaching my arms out. i lifted him to his feet and he clinged on to me as we walked over to my bed.

-------------------------

he only woke up once last night and he couldn't even get anything out, so that was an improvement. he also had an appetite when he woke up this morning, and a lot more energy.

"can you hurry up and pick out something to wear. i want to eat something that isn't bread," he complained.

he didn't puke or feel like he had to for the entire morning, but at lunch his fever spiked. he just said he felt hot. he didn't say he had a headache, and he wasn't crouched over a bowl or toilet, so i think it was just the fever.

he flung his shirt off and curled himself into bed. i sat down next to him.

"you know, you might feel better if you take a cold shower or something," i told him.

he groaned.

"i know," he said, "but that just sounds like a lot of energy that i have none of right now."

i ran my hand through his hair.

"do you think you'll be able to survive your class in 30 minutes?"

"i'm gonna have to," he said.

and he did. when we met back up in science, he said he didn't feel much better, but his fever went down and was barely a fever anymore, so i hoped it would be gone in maybe a few days.

*

-----------------------------

it was. the next day he woke up and was in an excellent mood. he was even awake before me. that was, until he spent five minutes on his phone and went into full panic mode. i was just starting to wake up and he punched me in the arm.

"what the hell was that for?"

"did you know spring break starts next friday?!"

i sat up.