fourteen (14)

*wilhelm's point of view*

getting simon up the multiple flights of stairs asleep was much harder than getting him down them awake. it was something i had to be very very meticulous about so i didn't wake him. that was the last thing i wanted to do. my mind wanted to travel elsewhere as i walked to my room with him on my shoulder, but i couldn't let it. i had to put every ounce of focus i had in me on getting him to bed. it was like a repeat of last night, except he wasn't under the influence of what was equivalent to three bottles of vodka.

flashback to last night

he was up on the table. i was trying to hold him back, but that boy was on a mission. already seven drinks in, and he just took 15 shots in a minute. it's safe to say he beat the 11 shot record. he stepped down off of the table and was immediately offered another drink. he reached out his hand to take it. i grabbed his arm.

"hey," i cooed, "don't you think you've had enough for tonight?"

he glared at me.

"no! please just one more?"

he was lucky he was cute, and also that i was sober enough to get him home after this.

"fine," i gave in, pulling away my arm.

he took his drink.

"thankkk youuu, prince" he said, and then he hugged me.

he definitely did not need that extra drink.

--------------------------

i watched him closely for another fifteen minutes after that. he mostly danced and laughed at everything, even if it wasn't funny. then he started walking over to me. he took my hand.

"wanna dance?"

i took in his eyes. they were red along with the tiredness that filled them before the party.

"sure."

it wasn't dancing like i thought it would be. there was deafening pop music on, yet he insisted on slow dancing. i didn't know how to handle my feelings in the moment, and normally something as simple as that would set off my anxiety. it would make me feel like i was trapped in a box, or my head was trapped in a bag, or someone was squeezing my heart so hard it almost stopped beating. but somehow, something compelled me to stay calm. it could have been his touch, or maybe just his presence, but i felt like things would be okay.

that's been happening more than normal for the last week. i would panic, but then i would realize i was panicking about him while he was sitting right next to me, and it was soothing in a way. stressing about him when i was alone was a different story. i tried closing my eyes, breathing, counting, stretching, chewing gum, and even fucking aroma therapy. i was left entirely broken by the boy that made me question my whole existence, and now we were cuddling and dancing. and it hurt me and confused me. i told him that i loved him and he didn't say it back. but did that mean he didn't feel it?

"what are you thinking about?" he asked with a very dramatic expression.

"nothing," i replied as quickly as i could.

he looked me in the eyes and smiled warmly, like a puppy.

"well i know you're thinking about something," he drunkenly explained, "i can see it in your eyes."

he reached out and touched my eye. i laughed.

"alright, nothing important," i corrected myself.

he huffed, still unsatisfied with my answer. but his eyes told me he dropped it when they caught something else. then he looked back up at me, but the lust that was in his eyes before was barely there.