chapter 47

Friday, 26 May 1977

"Hey, Gwennie," Sirius said as he and James sat beside Gwen, Peter, Lena, and Remus in the library.

"What did you just call me?" Gwen said, narrowing her piercing blue eyes.

"Gwennie. That's what I'm calling you now. You won't let me call you Gwen and Guinevere seems too long and I think we're past calling each other by our last names."

"If you're going to call me Gwennie, I'm going to call you son of a bitch," Gwen warned.

"Gwen!" chastised Lena. "You can't call Sirius a son of a bitch."

"Even if it's true in a literal sense," James muttered.

"I think I can, though. His initials are S.O.B. That stands for 'son of a bitch.' His name is literally 'son of a bitch.'"

Remus, Lena, Peter, and James were unable to contain their snorts and laughter. Madam Pince shot her a dirty look. Tears were coming out of James' eyes and Peter's cheeks were completely red.

"Oh, Merlin! Why would my parents do this to me?" Sirius moaned, burying his face in his hands.

"I think the explanation's in your name, Pads," Remus laughed.

"Yeah, your mum's a bitch," Peter grinned.

"Why has no one else noticed this until now?" Sirius cried.

"Oh, no. I noticed, like, seven years ago. I just didn't know how to tie it into a conversation until now," Gwen said nonchalantly.

"I'm sorry, you've been waiting seven years to call me a son of a bitch?" Sirius said in disbelief.

"Well, to your face," Gwen shrugged.

Lena burst out into laughter and was joined by everyone else except for Sirius and Gwen.

They were quietly shushed by Madam Pince again. Lena was sure that she would kick them out soon.

"Well then," Sirius humphed. "I guess I won't ask you what I was going to ask."

"Well, now I'm curious," Gwen smirked.

"I was wondering if you want to move in together."

Lena had never seen Gwen so taken aback. "What?"

"Do you want to move in together?"

"No, I heard you the first time. I'm just wondering why you're asking me."

"I'm moving out of the Potters—"

"You don't have to," James chimed in as Peter patted him on the back.

Sirius sighed. "I know, mate, but I should. Anyways, I know you're looking for a place to live in for the summer."

"How do you know that?"

"I heard you on that day everyone was hanging outside."

"You weren't there," Gwen said.

Well, he was as Snuffles.

"I told him," Peter said, covering for Sirius' slip up.

Gwen looked at him. "So you want to move in together?"

"Yeah. I mean it would be cheaper and better not to live completely alone," Sirius replied.

Gwen nodded. "Alright."

"Alright?"

"Alright, let's move in together."

"Great. Let's start looking at some places in the paper."