chapter 55

Tuesday, 11 October 1977

"Do my eyes and ears deceive me or did Black just turn down Matthews?" Alex asked.

"No, your eyes and ears are working just fine," Raj said, tilting his head slightly in confusion.

Cara Matthews, a fairly popular and nice girl by all accounts, had just asked Sirius out to the next Hogsmeade trip. He had politely declined. Matthews didn't seem all that bothered by it though.

"Why would he do that? Matthews is so fit!" Ava said.

Maggie looked at her and crossed her arms and spoke teasingly. "Aves, what would Marlene say?"

"That she agrees with me," Ava said with a laugh.

In all the years Lena had known Sirius, she had never known him to turn down a date unless he had a date already planned or he had to help Remus with his so-called furry little problem. And since the next Hogsmeade trip wasn't on the full moon, Sirius must have already had a date.

"He must have a date," Lena said as she held her sketchbook to her chest.

"It's not a date," Gwen said hurriedly.

Simultaneously, Lena, Ava, Raj, Alex, and Maggie turned to look at Gwen. Lena gave a small smirk. "And how do you know that he doesn't have a date?"

"Because me and Sirius are hanging out on Saturday," Gwen said, sucking in her cheeks slightly.

"You're going on a date with Sirius!" Maggie said as Lena's jaw fell open.

"No, we're just hanging out," Gwen stressed.

"That's what all they say," Alex said.

Gwen simply rolled her eyes.

<><><><><>

Monday, 27 October 1977

James walked into the dorm room that he no longer slept in. "Hey," James said as he sat on top of Peter's. James looked across the room where Frank and Remus' beds were. Frank's jumper and guitar were on his bed that wasn't properly made. Alice had left more notes on the guitar. Her and Frank's initials were drawn in a heart. She had left another note too.

James sighed as he looked at Remus

James sighed as he looked at Remus. He was reading a book called The Wizard of Earthsea. "I can't come on Thursday," James said abruptly.

Remus closed his book and shrugged. "That's fine. I'll be alright."

"I feel bad. I want to come but I have to go to a mandatory Head Boy and Girl at night for Dumbledore."

"Really, Jay, it's fine. Padfoot and Wormtail will be there," Remus said. "Anyways, how are things going with Lily? Have you managed to impress her?"