chapter 68

Saturday, 15 November 1980

"Don't laugh!" Lena cried. "I worked really hard on it!"

"No, no," Lily said, trying hard to keep a straight face. "It's really nice! It's just, well, a bit big for Harry right now."

"And wonky," James said, looking down at the bobble hat Lena had knitted for Harry. It was about three to sizes too big, the bobble was off center, and the red and gold stripes bled into each other.

Lily smacked the back of her husband's head.

"Well, I for one," Remus said, wrapping an arm around Lena, who was cradling Harry, "would be very happy to wear the hat."

"So will Harry when he's older," Lily said.

"Yeah, when it won't cover his mouth and nose," James laughed.

Lena rolled her eyes and looked down at Harry. His little hand was wrapped around her forefinger. "You wouldn't tease your godmother, would you, Harry?"

"Well, he can't yet, Lena," Lily said. "He mainly babbles."

"Not you too," Lena whined.

Remus laughed and kissed her forehead.

<><><><><>

Sunday, 22 February 1981

"Where's Sirius?" Lena asked as she settled herself on Gwen's couch.

"James and Lily's. Apparently James broke something and needs help fixing it before Lily gets back," Gwen said as she passed Lena a Coca-Cola. Gwen and Sirius had recently gotten into Muggle drinks, Coca-Cola being their latest kick.

"He can't just use Reparo?" Lena said before sipping the soda.

"Well, he used Reparo but it didn't turn out quite right," Gwen replied. "What about Remus?"

Lena groaned. "My dad wants to bond with him so they went to see the Puddlemore match. I told Remus he should just say he has plans but he said wanted to go with my Dad."

Gwen smiled. "Your dad's great. Remus is great. Why would you be worried?"

"Because they've never been alone together!" Lena cried. "What if it gets weird?"

"Alcohol."

Lena laughed.

"Which I won't be able to drink for the next seven months..."

Lena choked on her drink and cola dribbled down her chin.

"Really!? Are you kidding me!?" Lena said, wiping her chin and leaning in close to Gwen.

Gwen laughed and pulled Lena into a hug. Lena hugged her back tightly.  "Yes, yes. I'm very serious."

"Oh my God!" Lena cried. "I can feel the baby kicking!"

"No you can't," Gwen laughed once again. "I'm only a month along. I can't even feel the baby kicking."

"Oh hush," Lena teased. "What do you know? You're only a Healer."

<><><><><>

Sunday, 14 March 1981

"Hey Mum, hey Dad," Remus said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Hello, love," Hope said as she kissed her son's cheek. Lyall pulled his son in for a hug.

"No Lena today?" Lyall inquired as he poured Remus some coffee.

Remus shook his head. "No, she's helping Gwen with baby shopping."