XXXVII. Somber in spirit

Discount Shakespeare An anthology of musings Poetry by seomins 

An anthology of musings
Poetry by seomins 

━━━ ❦ ━━━

Somber in spirit

Many times, I had dreamt of myself sharing the world with sullen ghosts and neglected souls in my next life. They had known, long before residing in my house, that the earth was never supposed to be the realm in which they were to live the rest of their afterlives, anyway. Yet, they never left.

They stayed with me in all my moonstricken visions. I didn't know if they had sensed my heartstrings being tugged to their extremes at the feeling of loneliness devouring my every other emotion. As other signs led to spiritual intuitions, I refused to believe that even the ghosts in my dreams were ruthless, backstabbing killers. But alas, at some point in my sleep, I'd have to admit that I had been right all along.

Lost souls only possess real feelings upon being found. They couldn't have possibly sympathized with the thankless job of living alone in the world I shared with them. They only wanted a roof above their heads until they'd finally find their ways back to heaven, and leave me on land until my own time would come.

━━━ ❦ ━━━

By Andrea GP.