Chapter - 6 : 'You Look So Cute When You Pout'

KRIST PERAWAT

A few more days just rolled as the same routine. I went over to my desk, and checked my mail.

“Yeeee…I exclaimed cheerfully. Everyone’s glared me. I apologize to them nervously. Then I looked around, and made a call.

I was talking in a whisper, “Hey Mike, where are you? Let me buy you dinner today.”

“You sound so happy? Win the lottery?” he asked curiously.

“Better than that. I’ve just received my salary for the first month.” I said cheerfully.

“Well, I can’t easily let you go then.” He said.

“Okay then, see you tonight.” I said, and hung up the call.

I looked at the computer screen again, and sighed with happy face.

About an hour later, Khun Singto came to me.

“Khun Krist, ask the Design Department to come for a meeting now.” He ordered, and walked off.

In a while, we walked into the conference room and sat down. Khun Singto stood in front, and started the conversation.

“I think you’ve read the files about ‘Wongchai Art and Culture centre’. It seeks to need of a public art space, cool restaurant, café, workshop venues and many more. Beside the design we should also understand our competitors.”

“Siam is our biggest competitor.” He made an eye contact with me, and pointing at the files, to distribute to all. I nodded and distributed them, and also keep one for me.

“Among those companies, some have applied for the bidding. I picked some cases to show you.”

“This is a big project. I’ll design the main structure myself. I still need assistants.” He glanced at everyone.

“I would like to help.” Jane raised her hand cheerfully. Everyone glared her.

“I don’t allow you. This is a big project and you’ve no experience at all.  I don’t want to take any risk.” Khun Singto gave her a straight look. Her face fell down. I feel bad for her.

Khun Mek and Khun Ploy, you both assist me. He ordered.

“Okay sir.” They nodded in agreement.

“The meeting is over.” He said and walked off. I followed behind him as we walked into his office.

“Khun Singto, I think Jane really wants to help you. Why don’t you let her work with you?” I asked politely.

“She has no experience and I don’t want to take any risk, I already said.” he said straight.

“But she really wants…”

“Oii, I said it already, why you asking this again and again?” I didn’t complete my sentence and got interrupted. He looked frustrated.

“Go back to your work.” He said with a frown. I walked out.

After a while_ I came back with his Americano, but he wasn’t there. I looked around the table and picked the marker and drew a smiley face on the coffee mug, and put it down on the table.

“What are you doing?” he sneak peek at me.

I gasped, and got panic. “Ah, Khun Singto, you scared me out. When did you come in? You didn’t make a sound”, I winced.

“Like a cat” (whispered)

He stared me, and picked the coffee.

“You drew it?” he took a glance at me.