Chapter - 16 (Part-I) : 'Did He Agree To Date Her?!'

NARRATOR (THIRD PERSON)

2 weeks has just gone as the same routine. Krist’s training is over and he got his driving license too. He’s now good at driving.

Singto was drawing for the construction project in his personal room, inside his office. In a while his phone buzzed. He took a look, smiled and picked the call.

“Hello, P’Singto ka. How’re you?” comes a cheerful voice of a girl.

“Aww! Nong Nim. I’m fine. How’re you? Long time no see.” he smiled.

“I’m good. Uh, I called to tell you that our school and university friends (including- Phi-nong) are having a get-together today. It may be a rush for you but we’re going to meet in lunch time. I called P’New too. Hope you’ll come.” She asked hopefully.

“Okay. We’ll be there for sure.” he smiled.

“Okay. I texted the time and address to P’New. We’ll wait for you.” She sounds happy and excited.

“Okay. Bye.” he grinned and hung up.

After a few minutes_

New came to Singto’s office.

“Hey! Singto, N’Nim called me earlier. They are having a get-together today. She called me to invite us.” He slides a chair to sit.

“Hmm…she called me too. She texted you the time and address?” Singto asked.

“Yeah. She texted me already.” New shake his head, showing his phone.

“Okay. I’ve to ask Krist to go with me. I can’t leave him alone with Jane.” Singto said as he looking towards the window.

New rolled his eyes as he shook his head. “You and your possessiveness for him.” he sighed.

“Okay, then, I get go back to my office. I’ll call you when it’s time to go.” He said as he stood up to go. Singto nodded and New walked out from his office.

After a while_ Krist phone buzzed. Noticing his boss calling him, he picked the call.

“Hello, Khun Singto.”

“Hello, Krist. New and I are going out for lunch. Go with us.”Singto ordered him, didn’t want to give him any chance to deny it.

“Alright sir.” he replied.

Few hours later_ New called Singto to come to the parking lot.

In a while Singto walked out from his office as he came up to Krist.

“Krist, let’s go.” he said and walked away.

“Okay. Be right there, sir.” He turned off the computer quickly and followed behind him as they reached to the parking lot.

“Where are we going, Khun New?” Krist has a curious look on his face.

“Ooh! Our school and university mates are having a get-together today.” New said and Krist made his mouth ‘O’, shaking his head.

“So, who’s gonna driving?” New glanced at both of them. 

“Let me drive.” Krist said cheerfully.

“You?!!” New stared him for a while.

Singto crossed his arm, knitted his brows as he watching him (New) suspiciously. “What is this rascal trying to do?”

Suddenly New glanced at Singto. “Didn’t you say earlier that you are having a headache? Why don’t you just rest and sit on the back?” He said, giving him a concerned look. Singto rolled his eyes, shaking his head as he went up to sit on the back seat.