Chapter - 9 : 'Do I Like Krist?'

KRIST PERAWAT

I’m having a headache today as I didn’t get to enough sleep last night. I have no idea, what to do or whom to talk about it. I’m very frustrated. In a while my phone buzzed. It was my boss. I picked his call.

“Hello, Khun Singto.”

“Krist, ask Jane to come see me in my office right now.” He ordered me.

“Huh! O…Okay sir.” I said with a little shocking voice. He hung up the call.

“Now what happened? Why he wanted to meet Jane so urgently?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

I went up to Jane. “Hey! Jane. Boss wants to see you. I think it’s urgent. You better go to him right away.” I raised my eyebrows, and gave her a serious look.

She gasped. “Really?!!! O…okay, thank you. I’ll go there right now.” Her reaction… I donno what to say, but I felt something wrong and she looked scared too. She walked off in a hurry.

After a while, I went to my Boss’s office to gave him coffee and was about to knock the door but I saw boss and Jane were talking and arguing over something as the door was slightly open.

“I said, no…no…no… I don’t want to do that. Why do you force me?” Jane looked so frustrated. Boss was frowning.

“What’s wrong with you?” Didn’t you want to help me earlier with Wongchai project? So when I want to give you some responsibility, why are you refusing?” boss gave her a sharp look.

“But I don’t want to be an assistant of that friend of yours. I don’t like him.” she made a pout, looking annoyed. Boss cupped her cheeks and pulled up her face.

“Jane, look at me. Look at me. You know right, how much I care about you. Can I ever make a wrong decision for you?” he gave her a concerned look, and hugged her.

My eyes got widened after seeing all these. I hurriedly walked off from there.

“What the hell is going on here? Yesterday’s scene wasn’t enough? Now this! What’s the relationship between them? They weren’t looking like a boss and employee at all.” I bit my lips in nervousness and got very frustrated.

“Oiii... I wanna die.” I rubbed my head in frustration.

“This man…” I gritted my teeth.

“How can I fall for someone, without knowing anything about him? Krist, you pig. You’re so stupid and fool.” I banged my head in frustration.

After a while, I saw Jane going outside of the office, looking stressed. I decided to follow her as I was eager to know what the hell is happening here, and what kind of relationship they have.

I took 2 cups of coffee and went to find her. After a while, I saw her sitting on a bench, in the garden, backside of the office. She looked very upset. I went up to her.

“Umm…Here you are.” I extended a coffee mug to her.

“Aww! P’Krist, thank you.” She accepted it.

“You look upset, what happened? Uh, what did Boss say?” I pretend to know nothing.

“He wants me to assist his friend Khun New. I don’t like him.” she winced and told me about the elevator incident.

“Ooh, but you’re a Junior Architect here, right? So, why he wanted you to assist Khun New? No, I mean, the company can recruit a secretary for him.” I made a confused sound.