Chapter - 36 : 'Being Tricked By Mother-in-law'

The next morning, As Krist came out after taking a shower, Singto took the chance to inform him.

“Well, ‘Miss Lee’ has just arrived in Bangkok. She’s very important to me. You’re responsible to accompany her around.  I’ll send you her contact number. Remember not to call or text her first. Wait for her call or text. Got it?”

Despite the fact that he was very nervous while lying to Krist, he didn’t reveal any crinkle on his face.

The ‘so called Miss Lee’ was none else but Singto’s mother. The fact was that she was half Chinese. Therefore, she planned to play a trick on Krist by using his mother’s last name, so that Krist wouldn’t suspect her.

Krist furrowed in confusion. “Why can’t I text or call her?”

“No, you can’t. Well, she is indeed a good woman but she had a little bad temper. If you keep call or text her, she may become irritated. So keep this in mind.”

Although Krist was doubtful, he still nodded obediently.

‘Since she is really important to him, why doesn’t he attend her personally? Well, I can understand. He’s been quite busy lately. At least, I can share some burden.’ Krist thought subconsciously and sighed.

“Alright. I will go.” said Krist.

After an hour Krist was going to pick Miss Lee for an outing. He looked quite handsome and elegant in white suit. Of course, he had to look the most handsome man on the date with his mother-in-law, so Singto had chosen his outfit for today. 

Krist picked the car keys and strode towards the door. But he suddenly stopped and turned to Singto, who was sitting on the couch, watching his back.

“By the way, what does she normally like to eat? Tell me in advance, so, I may strive to please her and let her feel comfortable. She is, after all, a close friend of you.”

Singto was stunned for a second. But he still managed to keep his cool and replied him calmly.

“She likes sweets, anything like chocolates, candies, icecreams, cakes etc.”

“Okay. I know.” Krist nodded and walked out.

Singto was smiling foolishly, watching him go away. He was very pleased with Krist. Krist made him feel how much he valued his lover in his life.

*

After completing his shopping for sweets, he stuffed them all into his car. He didn’t know about Miss Lee’s taste so he had bought a variety of sweets, candies and cakes. He also stuffed some candies inside his pants pocket.

At around 11:30 in the morning, Krist went to the ‘Central Plaza Grand Rama 9’ mall, as he had fixed an appointment with Miss Lee.

He stood up at the corner on the ground floor of the mall and did wait for Miss Lee.

Mother Kwan watched him from the upstairs, smiling. “This kid, doesn’t even know to find a place to sit and wait.” She complained while smiling at her son-in-law.

She then took out her phone from her bag and texted him, “Sorry! I was in the traffic jam. Shall we change the place?” After sending the text she looked at Krist with a smirk on her face.

Krist sighed after he received the text. He replied her that he’ll wait for Miss Lee in a café near to the mall and sent her the address.

Receiving the message, mother Kwan smiled as she noticed the down expressions on Krist’s face. He just sighed and went out of the mall.