CHAPTER - 41 : 'Don't Let Me See Your Despicable Face Ever Again!'

"H... How could it be possible? It, it can't be true, right? I couldn't just let Punpun go because of my past wrongdoings. I can't afford to lose her. Oh my god! Oh, what should I do?"

James' thought went blank when he discovered Punpun was Krist's sister, and he just left without saying anything. He was so terrified that he couldn't think straight at the moment.

He'd already acknowledged that he'd made far too many blunders in the past due to his jealousy. He was naughty and mischievous since he was child but he wasn't a bad person.

He had figured out that he shouldn't have done these kinds of mistakes and he also wanted to apologize Krist and Singto in person after he told Punpun about his feelings for her.

He regretted it. He was deeply sorry for his recklessness.

However, things didn't go as he planned, and he now knew that if Punpun learnt about his prior misdeeds, she would refuse to be with him.

James was upset since he didn't want to keep anything from Punpun. He wanted Punpun to get to know him better since she was the only person he loved and had in his lonely existence right now.

"Should I tell Punpun about what I did to Krist and Singto? Will she forgive me for that or leave me forever? But I can't hide it from her. Maybe, I should tell her and beg for her forgiveness. She knows I'm not a bad person, right?"

At this moment, Punpun had finished her call and looking for James, but he was nowhere to be found.

She entered the hall, the party was still going on and a little crowded, but James was nowhere to be seen. Punpun was perplexed, 'Weren't James had something to talk to me about? Why couldn't I find him anywhere now?'

Looking at her distracted, Mew, who was accepting everyone's wishes with Prin, couldn't help coming over and asking for what's wrong with her.

"What's wrong? Why are you in a daze? Where's James? Hasn't he confessed to you yet?"

As she heard her bestie's voice, Punpun turned around with a troubled expression and shook her head, "We didn't get to talk about anything yet? I had a phone call earlier, and now I can't find James. Did you happen to see him?"

"No, we were too busy to notice him." Said Mew as she patted her shoulder and consoled her, "Don't worry. He must be around here somewhere. Why don't you give him a call?"

Punpun decided it would be fine to call James and ask him whether he was okay. So, she took Mew's suggestion and dialed James' number.

The call soon connected and she asked cautiously, "James, where have you been? I was looking for you?"

Hearing her lovely voice, James felt inexplicably guilty, and was at a loss for words.

"It's nothing. I'm totally fine. I just felt stuffy there, so I went to my room to relax." His voice sounded dejected.

Punpun sensed something was off with James, she asked hastily, "You are not feeling well? Do you need to see a doctor? Hang in there. I'll come to you right away, okay?"

"No, I-"

Beep--

Before James could say anything, the phone was disconnected. A bitter smile appeared on his face when he realized how worried Punpun was about him. He wasn't so sure before if he would have the courage to tell her about his wrongdoings.

However, after discovering Punpun's true care and affection for him, he was resolved to inform her about his previous mistakes. He had made up his mind that he would not hide anything from her, even if it meant being despised by her.