Chapterr - 42: 'I Believe You, Son'

A week escaped in the blink of an eye.

              Krist and Singto didn’t know about Punpun after the last they talked with her. They were all so busy with the upcoming ‘Moon and Bay’ project.

              After Krist arranged all the documents related to the bidding, he was going to hand it over to New, but his phone rang at the very time. It was Singto’s call, so he had to pick it up at once.

             “P’Sing, I’m done. I’m going after I handed the documents to Khun New.”
Singto was waiting for him in the parking lot and New’s office was on the third floor.

             He was a little impatient, “Has everybody left?”

             Krist checked around and answered immediately, “No, Khun Mek is yet to leave.”

             Singto said on the other side, “Have Mek send the documents to New, alright? And you come over now. Hurry up!”

            After Singto gave an order, the phone was mercilessly cut off. Krist was speechless. He thought, it was not the P’Sing he knew. He felt weird about it and murmured to himself, “What’s gotten into him now? Why is he so impatient?”

            Mek wrapped his things up and was ready to leave, but as he saw Krist’s confused face, he came over, “What’s wrong? Do you need any help?”

            Krist gave a light sigh, “I don’t know. Khun Singto is behaving very strange today. I think he’s not feeling well.” He looked up at Mek and asked, “Uh, Khun Mek, can you do me a favor, please?”

            “Sure. What is it?” Mek said as his eyes quickly swept over at the documents in Krist’s hand.

            “Can you please take these documents to Khun New? It’s very urgent but I’m really in a hurry now, otherwise, I wouldn’t bother you with it.”

            “What are you talking about? Don’t worry, I’ll hand it to Mr. New for you. You can go now and take care of the boss. When he’s annoyed, he’s not easy to deal with.” Mek chuckled and reassured him.

             “Khun Mek, thank you. You’re my savior.” Krist gave him a sweet smile. “Then I get going now.” After saying so, he ran away in a hurry.

             After Krist disappeared from his sight, Mek gave a devilish smirk and tapped his fingers on the documents.

*

            “P’New, when are you taking me out to play? I’m so bored of this 24/7 working schedule, and my eyes are hurt just seeing these four big walls but nothing every day.” Jane complained with a pout.

             New flicked a glance at her and saw her sitting on the sofa, buried her head in some documents with her cute pouty face. He sighed and walked up  and sat down beside her on the sofa.

             “Oh, so you’re saying that you’re bored of me as well now, huh?” New couldn’t help teasing her. Luckily, he had Jane by his side, she was so adorable and lively. Otherwise, his working life would be hella boring as it was before.

             Jane gave him her puppy eyes, “I’m not. But I want to go outside. Can you take me out, please?”

            New couldn’t resist her cuteness, he took all the documents from her hands and closed them all. Brushing her hairs with his fingers, he asked gently, “Where do you wanna go? I’ll take you there.”