Chapter - 12 : 'You Dumb Pig : You Crazy Woman'

SINGTO PRACHAYA

The Next day, I went to my office early, looking for Krist to apologize him, but I couldn’t find him. I called him but he didn’t receive my call. I got worried and peeped from my window to his desk many times, but I didn’t see him.

After about half an hour, he came to my office. I sighed in contentment, but pretended to work with some documents.

“Why are you late today?” I glanced up to him.

“Sorry Khun Singto. I woke up late today.” His face looked pale, probably because of yesterday’s incident.

“Hmm…It’s okay. I wanna say…”

I didn’t complete my sentence and he interrupted me. “Uhh…Khun Singto. I… want to quit my job. This is my resignation letter. Please accept it.” He extended the envelope.

I was stunned as I felt my heartbeat skipped for a moment.

“What? Why…?” I blurted out. “Though I said I’ll fire you but it didn’t my intention in the first place, really. Why you want to quit the job?” I asked in panic.

“If you want to quit because of yesterday’s incident, I’m really very sorry for that. I wanted to apologize to you but you interrupted me. You don’t need to quit the job.” I urged him.

He gave me a slight grin. “Boss, don’t worry. It’s not like that. I’ve my personal reasons.” though he said it with a soft tone but I could judge from his face that he’s very upset with me.

I didn’t know what else to say. I totally blurted out. But something just came in my mind on the right time, and I got an idea.

“So, you want to quit the job?” I curved my mouth, shaking my head. “Okay. I’ll accept it.” I took a glance at him, pointed at the resignation letter.

“But…according to the company regulations, it’ll take a month for those who leave their jobs to hand over work. So, strictly speaking… you’re still my secretary.” I smirked at him.

“Huh!!!!” He was stunned and stared me with widened eyes.

“Now go back to your work.” I pretended to work again. He looked confused and walked out. I kept watching him until he left. When he left, I heaved a sigh of relief.

“Thank god. You saved me today. It’s very hard to act in front of him.” I sighed again, and smiled happily.

“I won’t let you go this time, and will make you mine for sure within a month.” talking to myself. I felt butterflies in my tummy and happily spun around in my rolley chair.

                 --------

KRIST PERAWAT

I went over to my desk. “Don’t worry Krist… it’s only about a month.” I was consoling myself. Just then Jane came up to me.

“Why you look upset? What happened to you?” she gave me a worried look.

“I just resigned.” I winced, looking on the ground.

“Huh!!! You resigned already??!!!” she shrieked shockingly. Everyone glared us and gathered around me, asking, “Did you really quit the job, why? Did Boss give you a hard time?” they asked me curiously.

“Uhhh… guys, it’s not that. I’ve my personal reasons.” I gave them a fake smile.

“Do you really want to quit the job? We’ll miss you so much.” P’Lyla gave me a worried look.