Chapter- 31 : 'I Trust You'

NARRATOR (THIRD PERSON)

“Where’s Khun Singto? Khun Singto?” Some suit-clad individuals entered the firm while yelling.

“Sorry!” The receptionist startled by them and sprang up to halt them.

“Where’s Khun Singto? Get him out!”

“You cannot do this.” The receptionist got anxious.

“-Where’s Khun Singto? Get Singto Prachaya out. Hurry! He must explain to me clearly.

-Yes. Or we won’t leave. Explain to us.”

Mek dashed up to them after hearing the loud noises on the reception. “What’s happening, Kratai?” he inquired of the receptionist.

“We want to see Singto Prachaya.” The group yelled in unison.

“Kratai, call security.” As Mek instructed her, New also came out after listening the noises. “What is happening here?” He frowned.

“Khun New, aren’t you? I’m from Wandee. We met at the bidding meeting.”

“Oh! Khun Panit. What do you mean?”

-“What do we mean?! Huh!! I want to ask what you mean.”

-“Yeah. According to reliable Intel, Huawei has got the quotations of us three companies.”

New frowned in disbelief. “Impossible!”

-“Why not? It’s the truth. Mr. Saksit, the CEO of Huawei told us after he was drunk. And he told us our quotations clearly.”

-“Don’t waste your time on him. Get Singto Prachaya out. He must explain to us.”

-“Yes. Get Singto Prachaya out.”

New cocked his head alongside him and gestured with his eyes for Mek to go check on it. Mek dashed into the office hurriedly.

New then cast a glance across them, “Everybody, listen to me, okay. We are not sure what has happened. If there’s an issue, we’ll investigate it and explain to you. Calm down, will you?” He furrowed anxiously.

-“Huh! How can we calm down?”

“Kratai, get them to the conference room.” New directed the receptionist but they refused to move.

-“First and foremost, get Khun Singto out.” The group of individuals yelled furiously.

“Okay okay, I’m going to get Khun Singto out.” New attempted to reassure them.

-“Yes. Let him out.”

Meanwhile, they heard Singto’s voice behind them, “Don’t bother.”

He strolled in front of them with a hand in his pocket.

One of them began to speak when they saw him, “Khun Singto, we are looking for you. We think highly of the reputation of your company. And we attended the bidding for this project. Since you decide to give it to Huawei, why did you ask us to attend it? Making fun of us?”

The bidders were enraged and upset but Singto still maintained a calm expression in his face.
“Everybody, there must be some misunderstanding. I promise I’ll explain to you after we figure it out.” He remarked politely.

-“Khun Singto, we don’t mean to suspect you. But this is very clear that no one except you has the quotations of three companies. Who else could have done that?”

“Khun New, look.” Mek come over to him in a hurry and handed him some papers.

As soon as New looked at the papers, there was a shock expression on his face. He passed the papers to Singto. “I asked Mek to check it. Their quotations were leaked from our company. They got the IP address.”