Chapter - 33 : 'Krist Is In Danger!'

A few days later_

Lyla approached Krist after lunch, holding something in her hand. “Krist, you’ve a parcel.”

“For me?”

“Hmm. Here it is.” She handed it over to him.

“Thank you P’Lyla.” Krist thanked her. She smiled and walked away.

Krist discovered an envelope as he opened the parcel. There was a letter inside the envelope. He opened the letter and couldn’t believe what he saw. It was written there, “If you want to learn the truth behind the leaked quotation, find me in the Siam Hotels, room no. 501 at 5 pm. Don’t tell anyone about it or you won’t be able to obtain the proof.”

Krist was in a dilemma whether he inform Singto or not, but the evidence was very important to him since it may prove his innocence. It would be fantastic if he could discover the truth and establish his innocence. He gave it a lot of thought and finally decided to go there by himself. 

Krist finished his work early and left the office at 4:30 pm. He arrived at the Siam hotels around 5 pm and walked to the room no. 501. After hesitated for a moment he knocked the door.

As the door opened, he saw an unknown guy but he seemed to be familiar to him. After thinking for a few second he finally recognized who the person was.

“It’s you!” Krist was surprised.

“Mr. Krist, it’s a pleasure to meet you. Please come in.” James gave him a kind smile and welcomed him inside. Since the person was not completely stranger to him, Krist felt relieved and entered the room.

“Please, have a seat.” James gestured him politely.

“You are…”

“My name is James, the owner of Siam Real Estate.”

Krist had only heard of him but he didn’t actually know what kind of person James was and Singto never mentioned about James before him so he had no idea at all that he was an enemy of Singto.

“Nice meeting you, Mr. James.” Krist grinned, shaking his hands.

At that time the waiter knocked the door and came over with two cups of coffee in a tray. He put the tray on the table, bowed them and walked out.

Suddenly Krist’s phone ranged with showing the caller ID ‘Jane’. He excused himself and walked outside to take the call.

“P’Krist, where are you? Let’s go Karoke bar tonight.”

Krist rolled his eyes. “We’ll go next time, Jane. Now I’m out for a very important work.”

“What kind of important work you have? And where are you? I’ve been looking for you but I didn’t find you in the office.”

Since Krist was already met the person who has evidence that could prove him innocent, he thought it was okay to tell Jane his whereabouts.

“I’m at Siam Hotels now. I came to meet a person who has evidence of my innocence.”

“What?!! Really?” Jane was thrilled.

“I can’t talk to you right now. I’ll tell you after I go home.”

“Okay. But you take care P’.”

“Hmm.” He cut the phone and walked inside the room.

“Sorry, Mr. James. It was an urgent call.”

“No problem.” James waved his hand.

Krist sat down on the couch and James handed him the coffee. Krist thanked him and took the coffee cup.