Chapter 5

Red's Perspective

"Eh?"

Ms. Blondie is dumbfounded after I casually declined her proposal.....

"W-why??! Why do your majesty decline?! Thy person has the power to rule and save the demon race!! Please!! I offer my whole life and body for your highness so please take the role of the demon king and prevent our people in perishing!!*sob*"

Ahhh.... She just started crying while still in dogeza stance..

Our goals are the same so why did I decline you say?? Simple!! I suck at that kind of thing!!! Just imagining the act of standing in front of people, managing meetings and such makes me nervous as hell.... Don't ask a neet to suddenly rule a whole continent!!! It's been two months since I came here and I still haven't done anything regarding my mission?? Come on don't sweat the small stuff!!!

"I cannot rule people, simple as that"

I said that calmly... The truth is I want to say yes because I want her to stop crying already... I hate seeing girls cry especially the beautiful ones like her... It just ruins her beauty........... But I cannot just accept that!! It's impossible for me to rule!!!!

"W-well I've lived by myself for a long time plus I don't know how to deal with people so suddenly saying to me to rule a whole continent is a bit much....... Hehehe......"

I said that while scratching my head.....

"Your highness does not need to govern the whole continent! You just need to eradicate all of the residents of the human continent just like all the previous demon kings have planned! That way we can take all their resources for our own people! Surely with that power of yours, your highness can easily achieve that......"

She's smiling while telling me to erase half of the residents of this world......

"Let me ask you... Is that your own idea or you only conveyed it cause that's what you learned from history and other people? And please answer honestly..."

I calmly said that......... Because of what she said there's one thing that I realized, that is I cannot make peace between the two parties without changing how the other think. I know that the humans also thinks the same but for the meantime I'll need to work on the demons. I somehow managed to formulate a plan and it requires me to be the demon king, but I'll decide whether to commence it or not depending on her answer....

"T-that is just from what I learned from our history but to be honest I want to stop this war..... I think this is meaningless because the two parties cannot win, both just engage the war and expend their manpower. Even if one party wins the fight they cannot attack to the other continent to deal a finishing blow because they already loss military manpower and by the time they managed to prepare to attack the other continent, the other party has already got back up from their loss.......... It is just becoming endless slaughter without one having achieved anything..... But our continent does not have the resources anymore unlike the human continent and at this rate we will meet our doom...... I want this war to stop but if it is our people will perish."

So basically her personal opinion is being hindered by the situation of her kind......

There's something I can't get in what she said..... According to the books that I have this continent has plenty of resources one proof is the ores I got only from my home.... There's only one reason that I could think of and that is demons don't know how to use those resources.. The only thing that they acquire from the wild is wild animals for meat and I think because most of the consumable plants that located here can't be seen from the human continent or there's no records of it, they just assumed that it is not edible without trying.