Chapter 40

Ena's Perspective

I am Katsuragi Ena... You can just call me Ena for short... About a month ago, I was summoned to another world to serve as a hero... I don't have any experience about fighting as a hero since back on Earth, I'm just a simple college student who's working at a convenience store at her free time in order to study and pay bills... So how on Earth will I defeat the demon king like what the king of the country that summoned me asked???

When I was summoned I am really confused... Then a God which I even mistakenly thought as a child, has shown herself in front of me... She said that I should not worry since there will be someone that will look after me here and she'll give me enough power to protect myself... I think that person she's talking about is Red-san since he talks like he knows the Goddess personally... He's a traveler we met three days after I got summoned... He's so powerful that he defeated a dragon in an instant!! That's a dragon you know??!! Even though I'm called the hero, I can't even hunt a wild boar back then!!

She also asked me to judge the current demon king by myself and not listen to others... When I learned the history of this world, it made me more confused on why she told me that... Like the demon kings always lead a war so it's given that the demon kings are bad right?? But since it's a God that's asking then I'll follow it... It's a God you know??

Red-san, despite being the one the Goddess told me that will protect me... He's missing in action... He just told me to get stronger then flew away... What a protector he is.... Though he protected me from the dragon...

He also told me to contact the Goddess which he called by her name casually... I did just that when we arrived at the nearest town but she didn't respond to me... I did that almost everytime we're at a town with a church in it but she still doesn't respond... Maybe she's busy...

Oh... About our party?? When Red-san removed Brook-san's collar, his strength suddenly sky rocketed... I understood that time why Red-san told Brook-san that he's more powerful than Elk... Brook-san also thought me how to use body strengthening magic, and for some reason I got it right at first try... Maybe this is what the Goddess means when she said that she'll give me power to protect myself...

Elk on the other hand, told us that he will leave the party voluntarily... He said that he will return to a Magic Academy to learn more magic... Apparently what he saw from Red-san opened his eyes... He also promised that he won't say anything about Red-san since he doesn't want to be his enemy... Well I don't like to be Red-san's enemy too...

The elf twins, Shelly-san and Eliza-san are still with us of course... They thought me about the principles of using magic and mostly wind attribute spells since they're both adept with that attribute... They are fun to be with, in fact our party always tend to laugh every meal time because of Shelly-san's jokes... Though I think we won't be this joyful if Elk is still here since he's kind of edgy when it comes to those things...

This trip is just supposed to be a training for me, but after Elk left the party, Brook-san suggested that we should become adventurers since I could get more experience through it than just aimlessly hunting monsters... At first I am reluctant but I agreed in the end, and eversince then even just we're out subjugating wild boars, it's still fun and educational...

I'll tell you this when we registered, the guild immediately put me to S-rank since they said that I am the hero... They didn't even made me take a test!!! I didn't like it one bit cause you know... Brook-san is more powerful than the current me who they only put at C-rank!! He should be the S-class and I'm the C-rank!! But sadly they didn't hear me out and still placed me to S-rank...

*tok-tok-tok*

"Ena-chan we're about to leave..."

"Coming!!"