Chapter 36

Elena's Perspective

"W-what is this?"

"A barrier to protect the house from mythical beasts..."

I answered the dwarf that asked what the barrier is despite it looking like a barrier...

The place where big brother and I saw these guys are close to our house so it only took a few minutes of walking to get here...

"Don't worry you'll be safe and have plenty of rest here... That said... Big brother what are you doing there?! Let's get inside!!"

I called big brother who's really far away from us and looks tense...

"On second thought... Maybe you should go in first and determine whether Anna is angry or not..."

"Wha?! No! Both of us goes!! I don't want to shoulder all of her anger!!"

I leapt towards big brother's back who is acting terrified... No... I understand what he feels since Anna-san really is scary when angry...

"But last time I went missing for a week, she hit me really hard and never let go of me for days!!"

"No! Anna-san is really scary! One time I didn't finish my food she exploded!! Saying that in the past we're rationing our food and now that we can eat in a daily basis we still can't afford to throw any of it!! I spent five hours of lecture that time!! I don't want to experience that again it's basically torture for me!!!"

"Isn't that your fault?"

"It's also your fault for disappearing for a week!!"

"Right... Let's just return to the capital then..."

"True let's go!"

"Where do you think you're going??"

As big brother and I perform something like a comedy skit... Someone just spoke behind us... It's not coming from the direction of the house but from the forest... We both know already whose voice it belongs to... We just want to escape reality...

When the two of us looked slowly towards the source of the voice, we saw Anna-san with her arms crossed in front of Milo who is currently carrying Gumi on his back...

Anna-san raised her hand and at that moment big brother and I looked at each other...

"Let's just accept our punishments shall we??"

"Yes, let's do..."

Big brother and I said while having a twitching smile on our faces... It's too late to escape...

We're waiting to be hit or anything but instead a hug is what came to us... We're both dumbfounded as Anna-san continues to hug us tightly...

"We're so worried about you guys!! You didn't return after three days so we went to the capital... Then Sebastian told us that an elder dragon asked you for help about something... Then yesterday a huge meteor is seen falling towards the location of the dragon village and it suddenly disappeared..."

I can feel tears falling on my back from Anna-san, I also looked at Gumi who's having teary eyes...

"Sorry... It's too sudden that we didn't have the time to return here first before going to the dragon village..."

Big brother said while stroking the hair of Anna-san...

"It's okay we understand... We are happy and relieved that Master and Elena-chan returned unscathed..."

Anna-san finally let go of us... I'm starting to get choked from her hug so it's nice that she let go...

"By the way, who are they?"