Chapter 16

Red's Perspective

"Big brother hurry I want to know what element I can use!" Gumi is so excited...

After the dispute with the black spirit that is controlling arena we spent the rest of the day resting... Though I don't really need it..... During dinner I told Gumi that we will check today what element she is most compatible with... The thing with magic is, you can use every element but using one you're not compatible with needs years of practice to perfect... Also at the beginning your body will be put to so much strain. That's why people like me who could use all element with ease are rare...

"No need to rush... Checking the element you're compatible with will only take short time..."

I said that to Gumi who is pulling me out of the house... Anna is currently preparing breakfast so I can't expect her to help me on calming Gumi...

"But I want to learn spells fast!"

That's what she said well at least she's motivated right?? I sat on the grass and pulled seven different stones from my spatial inventory. As I said determining what attribute you're compatible with is easy, you just need to hold the stone and pour your magic power in it. If the stone lit up with ease then that means you are compatible with the element, but if your hands hurt or in most instances cut apart then you're not compatible with.... However that doesn't mean that once your hand hurt you cannot use that element right away, the wounds will reveal if you should pursue spells about that element... If it's only grazes then it's fine to learn spells but if the wounds are deep then you should not in your entire life study that element or else you'll die....

We can't determine the element Gumi is compatible with in the past because we lack the magic stones... That's why I made them, I poured different magic element on normal stones constantly and apparently they evolved to magic stones. Since I told Gumi to read about the basics of magic she's already at the point that she can naturally control the magic around her body...

"Here Gumi let's start with land magic.... But remember don't pour too much magic, control it properly" I gave Gumi the land element stone... She nodded and started to pour her magic to the stone....

The land stone glowed but it's only a little.... She let go of the stone because of the pain in her hands... She has wounds but it isn't shallow but in the same time it isn't deep... So it's still in the range of not learnable, I guess she won't be able to use land magic.... I healed her hands and gave her the next stone..

Next is the water stone... Same with the land stone, her hand has the same wounds...

"What are you doing?"

Elena appeared behind me, I also saw Anna setting up the table. I guess breakfast is ready and we're gonna eat here at the garden??

"We're determining my magic element!"

Gumi answered energetically as if there's no wound on her hand that I am currently healing...

"Ohh... So what's the progress??"

"Land and water element is not for me.... Elena what element are you compatible with??!"

At her first sentence, Gumi looked really down but on her second one she asked Elena with energy.... We still have five elements you know?? No need to look down...

"Hmm... I can use the fire element... But for some reason, since yesterday I feel like I could use water too...."

This little girl is quite confused....

Hmm?? Since yesterday??

"Elena what are the possible effects of our souls connecting??"

I asked her as I give the light stone to Gumi...