Chapter 33

Red's Perspective

When Elena and I descended, the others looked at us with their eyes widened... They already captured Ifrit in his knees while being rendered immobile using Damon's blood magic... It stops the flow of mana inside the body making it difficult to cast spells, but it has long cast time... How convenient but inconvenient at the same time....

Ifrit looks at me intently before talking...

"Tell me the truth Morax, who are you? Not only your power increased significantly after I thought you're dead but your sister is also a spirit weapon and you are capable of using the power of the angels..."

I'm a friend of the Goddess that you want to kill... As if I could say that!!

"I'm just your normal demon king..."

"Normal huh... If you're normal then what will you call the past demon kings? Those people are automatically blinded by power by the time they were chosen as demon kings..."

"Hmmm... To tell you the truth there are circumstances inside the management of the well-being of the demon-kin that leads to that conclusion. I simply fought those circumstances with my brain that's why I didn't end up like that..."

If I don't have the knowledge from earth, I'm pretty sure I'll do the same method of those guys... But our circumstances are different so it's best not to compare...

"More like big brother sometimes resorted on brute force than brain to install fear towards the nobles of the demon continent—OW!"

I smacked Elena's head as she said that...

"I only did that because they're annoying and can't accept change!!"

"Yes! Yes! You don't have to hit me!"

Elena and I were bickering when Ifrit spoke again...

"One last question... Why do you oppose me while knowing I'm doing this to kill the goddess? I'm sure you have hidden grudge towards her since she takes the side of the human-kin..."

"Are you an idiot??"

"Huh?"

I retorted on his question making him dumbfounded... What an idiotic way of thinking....

"The Goddess doesn't favor any race dumbass... The privilege of humans to use holy attribute magic is just there for them to save lives cause unlike demon-kin, they don't have resistances to diseases and they can't heal small wounds by itself..."

I don't know if the way I called him dumbass is the reason his eyes widened or something else but let's leave it at that...

"To begin with that girl doesn't have any time to take sides on a meaningless war..."

""""Girl??""""

Everyone except Elena asked...

Shit that one slipped!!

"Morax-sama please tell us the truth do you know the Goddess personally?"

Rex asked suspiciously....

"No. I just called her girl since she's a girl."

I said that with a straight face but I don't think they're buying it... I know my explanation doesn't make any sense but what do you want me to do?? If it's them I can tell the truth but we currently have an enemy right here in front of us... Maybe I should tell them when all of this is over...

"Ahem! Putting that aside, Ifrit why don't you explain yourself? Why did you betray us?"

Damon asked... Nice save!!