03. Destiny's Game

❝ I'm in a situation, where, neither i can cry, nor i can smile.❞

🍃

The boy ran towards his room and locked the door. Tears were nowhere found in his eyes like a river forgot to flow or you could say the extreme heat of the sun had absorbed the water.

He kept his flute on the table and changed himself into a clean t-shirt. He put on his semi-rimless spectacle and adjusted his clothes.

The sound of pitar patar could be heard from outside indicating heavy rainfalls.

He recalled today's incident, from the girl informed him about today's competition, him went there, Ra-One members were waiting for him, he could be able to understand their intention but didn't stop them, playing flute, them playing guitar, him being insulted in front of everyone, they used abusive words against him, they bullied him, he fell on the ground, them throwing mud, a girl approached towards him for help.

He didn't know why but remembering the girl's face his lips tugged up a little.

Thinking about something he reached for his cupboard and opened it. Searching for something in that and after some moments he took out an old diary, lamented with brown velvet cover.

Sitting at his study table, he opened the diary. An old smell with slight yellow pages welcomed him. The appearance of it seemed like for so many years no one dared to touch it.

Flipping through the pages, some memories flashed in his mind and his eyes became watery.

It was a time when he was just 10 years old, his parents died in a car accident. Their relatives refused to take him. So he had to work in a tea stall to satisfy his stomach. He always dreamt to be a doctor since childhood but in the cruel irony of fate, his dream was shattered that day unless one day Mr. Agarwal came to have a cup of tea in their stall.

He noticed the little boy was serving tea. Seeing him he felt a sort of pain in his heart. Being childless, he decided to take the boy with him and took care of him as his child. Though he became a good father day by day but his wife, Mrs. Agarwal couldn't accept the boy. She always treated him like a servant, but he never disobeyed her orders. He always did what his new mother ordered; happily without any objection. But somewhere in his heart, he felt very lonely. He missed his mother a lot, craving for the motherly touch.

When he returned from school he saw many mothers used come to pick up their children. He felt bad but didn't show it in front of the world. Sometimes at night, he would sit in a corner of his room and cried. Mr. Agarwal tried in many ways to comfort him but no one was able to understand his inner pain.

That's how days were passing. When he became 17, Mr. Agarwal admitted him to his hostel to take medical coaching.

Since then he was there. Studying now in the 2nd year.

As the whole campus knew the fact that Mr. Agarwal adopted him and saw his love for him, they used to mock him by calling him 'Professor's lullaby'.

Though he was a Greek God on the campus but being a nerd he rejected many proposals, which was the main reason everyone hated him. But none could deny the fact that he was a great flutist.

The diary was gifted by Mr. Agarwal. As he loved him the most, he took the diary as a blessing from him. So he kept it safe always with him. In it, he used to write the special moments in his life, though they were not much but whenever he felt good he wrote about them in his diary. Most people write diaries to express their saddest moments in life, for example as Siya did, but he was completely different from others.