09. A Helper

❝ Your fingers entwined slowly with mine, and suddenly, life made sense.❞

🍃

The classroom was filled with various students as the voice of Mrs. Raichand echoed through the giant room. She kept her lecturing season on while there, Siya was fidgeting with her fingers and tapping the wooden bench reluctantly. Cold beads started to form over her forehead as she was waiting impatiently for the class to be over. She couldn't concentrate on anything and felt very uncomfortable down there throughout the whole session.

Once the most awaited sound of the bell caught the attention of her ears, she stood up, desperate to run, yet somehow calmed her boiled adrenaline and put forth quick steps towards the bathroom- confirming the red river had broken the glacier to ooze out.

Shit!

After opening the door she glanced outside, looking for some familiar faces. The humming of students was coming from the stairs as she peeked in between the door and the pillar in hope.

But alas! Her tinge of hopes flew away instantly when some senior year boys passed from there.

She clutched her suit tightly as with each passing second her abdomen crawled hardly forming a knot.

She closed the door and leaned her back on it, trying to compose herself- pressing her thighs together, not to let the strains ruin her dress.

Though she had her room keys with her but if she dared to move a little, it would be her death for sure.

She was new here, hardly knew someone. How could she ask anyone to bring a sanitary napkin for her? It surely would be an embarrassing situation as she wasn't a child anymore.

She must have to do something before the next class began. She pitied herself for her carelessness in the morning.

"Please Kanha!"

Her nerves became excited when she heard a footstep coming closer in her direction. She opened the door abruptly and found Raghav, who was climbing the staircase, most probably going for attending his class.

She felt bad for disturbing him with her problems. The way to their dorm was a matter of time and there was a high chance for him to miss the class. Also, she hesitated for asking his help with this girly matter. But she was too helpless to think of any other option. Thus she finally decided to call him.

"Hey, Raghav! Can you please help me out?" He looked in her direction to find her tiny frame peeking out from the bathroom door. He adjusted his spectacle to confirm whether he was seeing things.

"Siya! Why are you hiding there? Is your class off today?" He went near her and noticed her eyes moistening.

"Can you please do me a favor?" He nodded.

"Can you call Riya for me?" He scrutinized his brows.

"Isn't it your physics class now? Have you bunked your lectures huh? I know you don't like the subject; it doesn't mean you drop it." She hit her head over the door dramatically.

'What the hell is he talking about?'

"It's not that what you're thinking young man. Now please go and call Riya asap." she pleaded.

"I'm not going anywhere, not to that chick after all. You say me what you need and I'll sort it out for you. Trust me."

"You won't understand," she murmured.

He kept his both, index finger and thumb on his temples, massaging them- as if trying to decipher something.

In the next moment, his eyes got widened as he placed his palm over his mouth in reflex.