13. I'm Sorry

❝ Love is breathing, getting lost in your eyes, then forgetting how to breathe.❞

🍃

A beautiful sunny day it was.

Siya was sitting in her classroom, near the window pane, from where she could easily notice Raghav and Anamika were gossiping with each other.

It's been two days since he was ignoring her. Why she didn't know.

"Seems like your boyfriend forgets about you. Doesn't he?" Riya came out of nowhere and sat beside Siya nudging her elbow mockingly.

"He isn't my boyfriend." Siya glared but her smirk deepened.

"Oh, I know. But don't you think he always ignores you?"

"N-no. He's just talking."

"I thought the same Siya when he was with me. I know him better than you."

"Anamika and he are both get the admission to the same hospital. So why does he waste his time with you huh? He's like that, plays with emotions." Riya continued as each word pierced a needle into her already fragile heart.

Siya stood up, ignoring her tauntings yet her subconscious already captured—  somewhere might be she was right.

"Truth is always bitter. You can't escape from it!" Riya shouted from behind her running figure as a lone tear slipped down from her eyes merging over her tank top.

'Am I that much ugly that he avoids looking at me?'

'Am I that much irritating that he refuses to talk with me?'

'Am I that priceless to him?'

Thousands of questions were roaming into her mind, whose answers she didn't know so that her heart believed that it was the only truth.

She came face to face with Raghav after he waved his hands towards Anamika who just left a minute ago.

"I wanna talk with you." she expressed with a light hope, vowing herself that after that she would never show her face to him again.

"Go ahead." his expression was blank like before.

"Why are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?" her eyes were pleading which ached his heart unlike anything yet he succeeded to remain his stern face.

"Nothing like that. I'm just a bit busy nowadays." he forced a smile as his casual voice didn't seem to do anything great to her exaggerating beats. "You tell me, do you need anything?"

"I very well know Raghav you must be hiding something from me. Please share it. I'm so tense, I can't even slee-"

"Can't we talk professionally only?" His statement broke her heart completely. The little shine of hope she was feeling, was vanished instantly.

He no longer wanted to be her friend. The 'professional' word created such a huge distance between them, she couldn't imagine it in her wildest nightmares.

But today when she knew everything it was useless to expect. So she stepped back, returned him the same tight smile, and ran from there without noticing the teardrops that made a line over his cheeks— the line of their crossed paths, broken, injured heart.

He never meant to hurt her in any way though he ended up hurting her in most possible ways. He wished her to forget him but seemed like it was way more painful for him to do such.