04. A New Problem

❝ Me, jealous of you? Bless your delusional heart.❞

🍃

Tik Tok, tik tok,

The sound of the clock could be heard in the room amidst the pin-drop silence.

Siya was sleeping peacefully in her room.

Disturbing her sleep, some noises came from the door. She looked at the clock and it showed 2:30.

Abruptly getting up from the bed with a jerk she became shocked to see that the girl, whom she met in the morning, opened the door.

'No, I remember I closed the door. But then, how can she come in!' Thinking about that, she facepalmed herself, as to how could she forget that she had a roommate too.

Seeing the girl she felt something was off.

She wore a tight skinny dress with her hair open and heavy makeup was visible. She was staggering towards her with her eyes up and down from time to time. It seemed like she was in a drunken state.

Siya got up from her bed quickly and supported her body to stand properly. She shrugged her hand from her shoulder and looked at her weirdly.

"Hey...WhAt aRe YoU dOiNg hErE...?? DoN't u kNoW It'S mY RoOm. gEt OUt... I sAy GeT oUt!" she kept blabbering on Siya.

She tried hard to explain herself but she didn't bother to hear anything. The room was filled with the smell of alcohol and her weird waves of laughter.

Suddenly her eyes caught the attention of the Radhakrishna idol which was resting on the table lampstand in between their beds.

She made her way to the statue and grabbed it with her unsteady hands. She looked at that for some minutes and the very next moment she threw it hard on the floor making a ding sound and started laughing evilly. Fortunately, it was made of brass so it didn't break.

Now Siya's anger reached its peak. She couldn't stop herself and slapped her hard on her left cheek. She rubbed her cheek with her palm as it turned into crimson red due to the sudden force. Her drunken state vanished immediately as she looked at her with bloodshot eyes.

Siya landed on the ground beside the statue as she slapped her too that her fingerprints were unerringly visible on her cheek. She took her hair in a fist and forced her to look at her.

"What do you think of yourself huh? Queen! How dare you slap me! THE RIYA OBEROI, with whom the boys never dare to argue! If my dad becomes known about it he'll surely kill you FUCKING BITCH!" she removed her hair and got up making Siya on the verge of crying.

"If you're not here now, Danish will be settled in this room permanently. I talked with Mr. Agarwal, and he agreed too but you ruined it all! WAIT!" she continued when again looked at her figure. "... Or you are jealous of me that I'm the girlfriend of the most handsome boy on this campus?" she told her sarcastically when poking her nose. She felt disgusted by her touch but didn't say anything.

Riya went to the washroom when Siya stood up with her Radhakrishna idol. She observed keenly if it had any scratches but found nothing, she heaved a sigh of relief. Her cheek pained a little but all she focused on was that her beloved was safe.