10. I've Astraphobia

❝ So much more was said in the unsaid.❞

🍃

The following night wasn't at all charming like other days. The dim light of the radiated moon vanished somewhere behind the dark clouds. The leaves of the long Ashoka and Gulmohar trees were still at their places with no movements in them. The chilled breeze was blowing fluently like other days; today seemed to be unnatural and creepy all of a sudden. Middle heigh windows were flung open, giving good space for the scalepan to burst out for the upcoming danger of nature. It was the exact silence before the storm.

The time was nearly 11:30 pm when Siya revised through her lessons in her room. Riya wasn't in as usual; probably doing her all-time job to stick with the boys and spent the night with them- Leaving Siya in the room alone. Though she was happy enough to not make contact with her at least.

However, she couldn't concentrate on her studies as her eyes impatiently went back and forth between the vast window and her books- praying silently to God that her thoughts shouldn't be true. But sometimes, something is beyond our reach, we can't stop it from happening. Dangers will surely come, without informing its arrival.

A sudden flash of light chilled her nerves, making her flinched back from her seat.

'The jeopardy has just arrived.' Her mind warned.

She abruptly stood up.

Before the light could again flicker- her free hands made contact with the glass surface of the window, in an attempt to close it.

But unfortunately, her hands halted in the mid-air as the neon purplish branches of electricity quickly passed through; cutting the chest of the clouds as she instinctively hid under the edge of the window and closed her lids, as if it would create a shield to protect her.

The extremely hot lightning heated the air around it five times hotter than the sun's surface. This heat caused the surrounding air to rapidly expanded and vibrated, as the pealing thunder roared after a short time; breaking the eerie silence of outside. However, this was nothing less eerie for her.

The electricity got cut off, leaving the room in complete darkness.

Sweat beads started dripping down from her temples but she didn't bother to wipe them off. Her heart was pounding in unfathomable beats as she sometimes missed to catch her breaths. The thundering didn't leave a chance to flicker; making her state even more vulnerable.

"Radhe radhe...ra-radhe...ra-dh-ee..." she kept chanting to distract her mind yet nothing was working as continuous groans of lightning was filling the adjacent.

Shutting her eyes off as tight as possible, she kept both her palms on her ears, though she could feel the white flashes were still coming contact with her covered sight.

Each flash made her shutter and the next moment a deep cringe sound vibrated the sky along with the ground. She couldn't sense when her back hit the cold marble floor as she crawled in a corner; shaking terribly. As soon as the light had been stricken a blood-chilling sensation formed in her chest, and her breathing became irregular.

When she was busy with her frighting state, the door of the room cracked open as Riya entered with a weird look on her face to see Siya in a snail's position. The room was saturated with her blabbering and little sobs while Riya didn't mind to pay any attention to her as she made her way towards the bed, already exhausted from her day.