14. The Last Meet

❝ May be when the time is right, you'll find me again.❞

🍃

"But mom, at least tell me what-"

"I just say we're coming to pick you up tomorrow morning and that's final. No more arguments. Pack up your things asap."

"But maa... hello... maa listen to me. MAA!" furiously throwing her phone to the bedsheet, Siya ran her fingers through her hair and started pulling it out frustratingly.

After at least one hour of argument with her mother during the call, she felt almost choked up as she extended her hands to the side table and poured out a glass full of water only to gulp the cold liquid down to her drying throat.

She couldn't make out what happened so suddenly that her mother behaved so weird today. She wasn't used to this kind of nature of her mother, who never ever agreed to do anything above her studies, now decided her to leave this campus in the middle of the session!

Her head ached. She had barely recovered from the fever by taking paracetamol twice a day after Raghav forced her to do so. He scolded her by saying that if she failed to take care of herself then how on earth she could treat her patient?

If it was someone else she would easily deny but she admired him so much that she couldn't just refuse him. She felt helpless but at the same time contended that there was someone who was truly concerned for her.

The unknown emotions for him occupied her mind so stubbornly, that she couldn't just shrug it off no matter how many times she tried to.

Whenever she wanted to get rid of it, his enchanting smile flashed in her eyes causing her to smile unconsciously. But she was afraid of falling in love.

Did he think the same as she did or it was just a mere attraction she couldn't understand?

She let out a humorous chuckle at her thoughts because it was of no use now—  their ways soon to be parting. It was the bitter truth that they wouldn't probably meet each other again. And the most bitter one was she could possibly never know the truth of her feelings, of his feelings towards her. But it was okay— they would manage to overcome it as things didn't go too long.

She never was his...

Biting her bottom lip hard she prevented a sob that threatened to escape from her mouth.

Indeed she succeed to comprehend her brain but what about her heart which kept beating harshly against its ribcage? What about it? Would she be able to make it understand?

🍃

The next morning Siya packed all her belongings before locking the room door. Shoving the key into the side pocket of her jeans she paced down to the hallway, directly reaching the office room where her parents instructed her to wait.

Her eyes landed first on Mr. Agarwal, other professors, and then at her parent's backing figure— giving some signatures to a TC paper— as soon as she entered.

Her chest became heavy to think about leaving the campus, and the teachers. In this short period, she became everyone's favorite student for her usual polite behavior and good studying.

Though her mother didn't say anything, she was scared of what must be the reason behind their such a huge decision.

"Sir..." her knees were trembling for the sudden rush of nervousness as they motioned her to sit beside her parents, in front of them.