Chapter 48: Revelation

Hugo Zaiden.

"We just hope for the best that my parents can retrieve the deleted CCTV Footage. Doon talaga natin malalaman kung sino ang salarin." Saad ni Connor atsaka na niya pinatay ang tawag.

My friends are here again at my house discussing Brennen and all this stuff about who caused my agony. We called Connor's parents, Tita Czane and Tito Calvin because they're known as the best hackers in their days.

K believed that there's someone who deleted the important footage where you could literally see who's the main culprit. We're taking chances here now and we're hoping that his parents might retrieve it so that my suffering can end now. So, me and my honeybee could finally be at peace.

No one or something in our way. Just us. Happy and contentedly loving each other.

But I don't feel delighted when we finally arrest the man who's behind all of it. Brennen. It's weird that I don't even feel happy at all that we finally caught him, who caused this fucking mess. For the families who passed away.

Something is really wrong here... somewhat I don't believe that Brennen is the one. He knows something that he won't tell us. Why can't he just tell us?

"Something is really wrong here. It feels weird that I'm not even happy that we finally caught that bastard. Hindi ako kontento." I bit my lower lip while looking up to my friends.

"Dahil hindi naman talaga siya ang salarin." Said Gav in the corner, quietly practicing.

"What makes you say that?"

"He took civil engineering and not mechanical engineering. He doesn't even know a single information about mechanics. The motor of the elevator's cords that attached to the cab and counterweight were cut. Specifics cords, Hugo. How does he know about all that? It's either he's there because he found out that there's a sabotage that is happening or he knows who's the culprit and not telling us." Haru explained. He has a point.

"Or he's working with someone. When I'm questioning him, he keeps denying that he's not the one and we got the wrong guy. He won't say anything rather than denying that he's not the culprit. This is really confusing." Dagdag naman ni K. It really is.

"If he's not the one, why can't he just tell us the truth? What did he see? Bakit kailangan niya pang itago? If he wants to get out then he has to help us." Tanong naman ni Carver na nasa kusina, tumitingin ng makakin sa refrigerator.

"Wala naman tayong magagawa. Ayaw niyang mag-salita eh. We just have to pull the trigger inside of him that causes him not to talk." Nagustuhan ko ang sinabing 'yun ni Haru. He will not talk unless we pull the trigger, manipulate him to talk.

"He's not gonna speak up not until Becca speaks." K murmured. Lumingon naman ako sakaniya ng banggitin niya ang pangalan ni Becca.

"Be more specific, Cayden." Umupo ako ng maayos atsaka siya diretsang tinignan. This is not the second time I heard Becca's name in this situation. Ashton kept saying that she might be the real culprit and now Brennen's mentioning Becca?

I don't think that Becca will do this because we really did end things between us back then but she really will do anything to hurt Ashton and make her suffer. My sister said, maybe it's because of jealousy but I said no right away because Becca already moved on. I could tell that.

"He knew something and he wouldn't tell us not until we talked to Becca. That's what he said. He looks afraid, I don't know why."

"Hindi din naman 'yun magsasalita. She declined to help us the other day and she will do it again. Mga taong 'to ang daming tinatago na ayaw pang sabihin. If she really loves Hugo—"