Chapter 49: Won't

Ashton Caesarea.

"Break up with him because you will never have a happy ending until Efren exists." She's still persistent. I mean she has a point but I won't let them ruin us once again. Hindi ko makakaya.

"No! That motherfucker is not gonna stop me."

"If you didn't. He will ask his friend to kill more people to threaten you if you don't do what I just said. He loves seeing you all in anguish. H'wag matigas ang ulo mo. This is the only way." Matigas niyang saad at halata sakaniya na ayaw niyang mangyari ang sinabi niya.

Umiling ako hoping that she knows what to do to stop him. "There must be a reason! They stopped him years ago—"

"He wasn't stopped by your mother or her friends. It's Klarissa, Kendra's grandma. She did all the work, and your mother and her friends only did it to help. Even them don't know what to do to stop him because he's unstoppable.''" Nalaglag ang balikat ko. Nawalan na ng pag-asa.

Wala akong alam kung paano nila nagawa 'yun, kung paano nila napigilan si Efren dati. I never asked my mom about it because I was content knowing him in jail but I wasn't aware of what had occurred decades ago.

"My mother, on the other hand, told me about Hugo's parents who had been torn apart in their days. Efren was successful in his plans for them by seeing them miserable. Tita Kendra was betrayed by Tito Jayden, sinabi na niya lahat ng masasakit na salita hanggang sa layuan siya ni Tita Kendra. They couldn't do anything but stay away from each other.

They didn't stop him because he's unavoidable. He wanted revenge from all of us and he won't stop until he gets what he wants. Kapag nagmatigas ng ulo, magpapatay siya ng inosenteng tao to threaten us.

No. Hindi ako papayag na may libong naninirahan sa mundong ito ay madamay sa gulo na hindi naman dapat pagka-guluhan. Wala akong magawa kasi tama naman si Becca. That's the only way.

"It's the only way Ashton and if you don't do what I just said. His next target will be your mom or Hugo's parents. Decide now." She smirks like she's loving what's happening right now.

I held her hand hoping that she could change her mind to help us: "Help us! You can help us! You know everything about Efren. Please..."

She scoffed then pushed me away. Nawalan ako ng balanse kaya napa-upo ako. "Do you think I'm that stupid to make my life put to an end?! Just for people who abandoned me?! Ang swerte niyo naman ata."

So we have any choice. I can't convince Becca because her heart is full of anger. Galit din siya saamin at nasa side siya ni Efren, the destruction. Kahit gaano ko pa man ka-ayaw ni Efren na sirain kami ni Hugo ay wala na kaming magagawa at sundin ang gusto niya.

This is the only way. If we keep persisting to be together, tons of innocent lives will perish and I won't let that happen. Hugo will understand. It's dumb for us to love each other. Him, who was supposed to be my enemy and me who's a niece of the destruction.

We don't work.

"I'm not helping you. This is a warning Ashton. I'm telling you the warning. So do the right thing this time." Mahigpit niyang hinawakan ako sa panga. I could feel my tears running down through my cheeks.

"Do it for your parent—" I said hoping... just hoping that she can give us another chance to prove ourselves to her.

"I'm on the right path! I'm doing great now. You should do it too. Make your decision now or I'll kill your mom myself!" Malakas niyang binitawan ang panga ko.

"You will not gonna do that." Madiing saad ko at natawa naman siya ng malakas. She's so evil. Kinamumuhian ko siya. "You bet?"

"S-stop! Stop! Okay! I will do whatever you just said just please leave them alone." Bumitaw na ako. Bumigat bigla ang damdamin ko. Sobrang hirap... hindi ko kaya.