Nyall and Neveah

"This is Nyall Afify. He's also a grisha like you, but you two aren't in the same department." He explained as they looked through a glass of a boy that was even younger than Kaida lying on a bed, next to all the surgical equipment. He was strapped down by belts and he was shrieking and crying. His body spasming. 

"Why am I here then?" Kaida looked at Him, trying to ignore Nyall's screams. She knew why she was here, but she was hoping maybe it was for something else. 

"We need you to calm him down." He answered. 

The slither of hope vanished instantly.

"I don't want to..." Kaida whispered. 

After she got the previous patient to sleep, she never wanted to do it again. 

"Well you have no other choice, do you?" He snarled, spittle flying in the air. 

She liked the language Shu because it was her native tongue but whenever He spoke it, it was like nails scraping down a chalkboard. 

He opened the door into Nyall's room and she tentatively moved inside. She was fully shoved into the blank room, falling on her knees.

Nyall twisted his head to see where the sound came from, their eyes meeting. 

"Are you here to kill me?" He asked frantically. 

Kaida shook her head. She knew why he asked her that question. Nyall was the brother of the girl Kaida attempted to put to sleep. 

He tried to rip the straps off, but he was a scrawny little boy that the straps barely budged. 

"I don't want to die! Get me out of here!" he screamed. 

Kaida covered her ears, his high-pitched voice hurting her eardrums. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she kept shaking her head. 

She ran back to the door, knocking on it, but it wouldn't open. 

The screaming got louder and she couldn't take it anymore. 

"I'm not going to kill you, I'm just putting you to sleep." Kaida explained as she raised her arms and steadily closed her hands. 

The screaming settled to moans to mutters to silence. She stepped towards the boy and felt for his pulse. 

He's still breathing, Kaida released a breath. 

She turned to the wall she knew He was looking through and smiled a toothy smile. 

Then people in lab coats and surgical masks barged in and pulled her out. They close the door behind her and started to get to work on Nyall. 

Scalpels, scissors and retractors all out. 

"Stay and watch." He demanded. 

She desperately wanted to leave, she didn't want to watch, but then He would punish her. So she stood and watched the surgery on Nyall. 

The next day, there was news of Nyall Afify, sister of Nevaeh Afify, dead from too much blood loss. 

After she was told of the news from Him, she vowed to herself that she would hold on to their names until the day she finally got what she deserved... death.