Justice

Kaida entered a room that was apparently her bedroom. Nikolai had given everyone a place to rest as they were planning to stay there for a while to figure out a plan to hunt down the Firebird. 

She sat on a fairly comfortable bed that sunk to her weight. The sheets were plain white with a thin blanket since the whole place was heated up. There was a chair but it definitely wasn't there for comfort. It was there for placing weapons and clothing whilst you slept. The walls were bare, nobody considering to paint it and make it pretty. 

It was quite depressing, but it was practical. 

As she sat on the bed, she placed her bow and arrow down beside her and unraveled the bandages wrapped around her leg. The wound was still revolting to look at, but she looked at it and examined what she had to do to heal it. 

She lifted her arms and healed it even slower than earlier, so she didn't have the need to faint. Still, she winced every few seconds.

After a couple of minutes there was a knock on the door. 

"Come in," said Kaida. 

Nikolai strode into the room with a large grin. She had no idea what he was so happy about, but she hoped that it was perhaps for her return. 

He looked down at her bare leg and nearly gagged. 

"You say you're very good on the battlefield but you can't even look at my leg." Kaida stated, continuing her healing. 

"Those people are usually dead with your kind of wound. But here you are running about while your bone is taking a visit to the outside world. Which it shouldn't be." Nikolai responded, trying to avoid her leg. Although, his eyebrows were furrowed and his eyes kept rebelling, glimpsing back to it. 

"I don't blame it. If I were a bone, I'd be bored out of my mind being stuck inside my body," 

"I wouldn't mind being inside your body," Nikolai smirked cheekily. 

Kaida stared at him completely confused and flustered. Her mouth opened and closed like a fish but she was at a loss for words. 

"I think you stopped healing yourself," told Nikolai still smiling like a naughty child. 

She looked down and noticed that he was right. 

"R-right, thanks." Kaida mumbled, healing herself once more. 

As she continued healing herself, Nikolai moved towards the seat and sat down, completely relaxed. He played with his revolvers, taking quick glances at the girl sitting across from him. Normally, he'd never drop his revolvers when he fiddled with them, but every glance at her, the revolvers spun out of his hand, luckily falling on his lap. 

"Why are you here, Nikolai?" Kaida asked.

"Can I not spend my time with my personal guard?" he asked back. 

"You hardly ever spent time with me in the Grand Palace, why start now? And I presume you still have a lot of work to do." 

Nikolai stared at her, his legs spread out, his elbows resting on his knees while his hands held his handsome face up. 

"I tried my best to spend time with you, but you seemed distant at the time. I didn't think you wanted to be around me." Nikolai's voice went deeper, sounding more serious. 

"That's true, you're a pain to be around," Kaida joked. 

"I do try my best," he chuckled.

It fell silent. Kaida still worked on her leg, feeling Nikolai burning holes through her face.