Back To New Jericho

ThirdAfter hours upon hours of talking, they all walked out of the hospital

Third
After hours upon hours of talking, they all walked out of the hospital. Eren carried Connor on his back but was overly careful with him as he walked. Nines and Gavin had split off to get to his car. "Come see us when you drop him off!" Connor called out suddenly, startling his brother as he nodded back in his response.

Gavin sat in the passenger seat and looked over the man calmly, "Dete-" He was cut off with a glare. This sent chills up his metallic spine as he took in a breath he didn't need and turned away. "Never mind..." He bit the inside of his cheeks and instead turned to stare out the window.

"Hey, Gavin...?" Nines asks softly as he starts the car and carefully pulls from his spot, and begins to drive, passing Eren's car. They exchanged glances and a wink from both men. Gavin sighed, shaking his head as a small smile found his lips. He turned fully to Nines, who sent him a quick glance. "Would you like to be my plus one to my brother's little event?"

Gavin stared in disbelief at the brunette before nodding his head. He realized Nines probably couldn't see the nod so he spoke up. "You'd be okay with that?"

"Yeah, why not? It's not like we like each other anyway... I'm mainly going for the alcohol. I know Eren will bring even more if he's setting up." Nines' words disappointed Gavin, though he couldn't place why it bothered him so. It was Nines' life, he could waste it, however, he wanted to. So why did Gavin care? He shouldn't care at all! He shouldn't feel anything.

"Why would you want to drink constantly? It's not safe for your health..."

"Eren drinks ten times more than I do and he's perfectly healthy... What's gotten into you? Why do you care?" Nines' tone became harsher at the end, sending a slight regret through the poor android.

"I..." He looked down at his lap before staring out of the window. "I don't know..."

Nines had stopped at a stop sign, sending Gavin a small frown. His eyes softened on the android as the feeling bubbles in his stomach again. Did he upset him? He didn't want to make him sad. "If it'll make you feel better I won't hurt myself while drinking..."

"Empty promises... You're lying just like he did..." Gavin replied, resting his elbow on the door and holding his head up with his fist as the memories of his passed recollected in the front of his eyes. Nines stopped the car completely, sitting still in the middle of the road. Luckily there were no vehicles around them to get angry with. Gavin felt his thirium run cold, looking over at the man in fear.

"Who is he? What did he lie about?" Nines' sudden questions made Gavin squirm in his seat and fight to look elsewhere. Nines dragged him, hand gingerly placed under his chin as he made him look back and into his sincere blue eyes. "Please tell me... I can bring him to justice if it was abuse."

"Your older brother did that already... He was the man who was forced to reset my original memories. I can remember them now, thanks to him and partially you because of deviating me. This man was cruel, his abuse drove me to become a deviant and call the police for help. Instead of sending a normal officer when they heard my voice they sent him instead." He began and Nines started to drive again, shortly reaching the parking lot and parking.