Divided: Chapter 1: Something New

Pentagram Arena
January 2015

It was the day after the rambunctious events in the showers of the Pentagram Arena and the Irish Python was doing his usual morning workout. However, the events of yesterday evening lingered in his thoughts. Monty constantly would have water breaks and check his phone but to see no texts or missed calls from the mysterious Victorian gentleman. Nobody had ever been able to pin him let alone surprise him like that before. "I wonder if Sir Pentious is having second thoughts?" thought Monty as his coach called him back to the bench to do more lifts.
One more hour to go and Pentious would be here...won't he?

As the hour neared Monty went to the dressing rooms and freshened up in the showers. He glanced at the cubicle they were at the night before and blushed so much he was almost a shade of purple due to his blue scales. The memories made him press and lick his lips softly recalling the eagerness yet gentleness of Sir Pentious, but then he recalled how quickly he dashed out of the dressing room. Sopping wet with just his top hat perched on his head and his clothes in hand. Monty chuckled to himself as he washed in the shower seeing that frantic look on Pentious's face as he realised he made the move.
Once Monty had freshened up he dried off and was sitting on the bench with his gym bag. He had tossed on a fresh Pentagram Arena tank and his varsity jacket donning his fighter colours.
Monty sees the clock past the hour making Sir Pentious over 20 minutes late for his training session making Monty worried enough to take out his phone and call the Englishmen.

" Ok ok it's all fine it's new...feck...what if he didn't mean to make a move?" he spoke to himself before the phone answered.
"H-hello? Penny, it's Monty y'know the Irish Python" He palmed his face knowing that sounded stupid. "Of course you know that"

Meanwhile on Pentious's ship

Pentious was left in a daze after their little shower escapade. He didn't understand himself, he's never done that before, had never been that forward. But something about the other snake made him lose his mind. His body... the way he looked in the shower...
"NO! Stop! Control yourself, you harlot!"

It had Pentious pacing late into the night, consuming tea at an alarming rate to recover his nerves. He wasn't in much better shape the next morning, hair crimped from not sleeping and not even dressed for the day, still in his dressing-gown. He was attempting breakfast when the call came, and his hood flared slightly when he realized who it was.

"Oh! Hello Montgomery!" He said overly cheerful, and nervously patted his hair even though the snake couldn't see it, "is something the matter? Our next training session isn't for another few hours."

Honestly, Pentious had been considering cancelling it, but another part of him didn't want to.

On the phone, Monty sounded concerned "What? No, it's 11 am? Are you alright Penny?" he stood up a little concerned pacing the dressing room. "I don't mind cancelling it and I can come over and make some breakfast for you? You sound...exhausted?". He grabbed his gym back and was already heading out to his car. "Seriously Penny, can I come over?"

Pentious's stomach dropped as he checked the clock in the kitchen. How had the time gotten so far away from him?
"Oh, dear!" He said, horrified for committing such a social faux pas. "Oh please forgive me! I didn't realize... oh crumpets!"

The French toast was burning on the stove and the kettle started to whistle. He frantically tried to turn off the stove, dropping utensils that clanged loudly on the floor, making an absolute racket and mess of things.
"Oh, dear... I'm having a bit of a day," he said sadly, looking at the sad burnt remains of his breakfast.
Monty hears the clatter of utensils and the tiredness in Penny's voice. "I am grabbing food and I'll meet you at your ship. Where are you..uh...parked??". He wasn't sure if airships were parked or what? "I'll get some rashers and bangers for us. You just make the tea Penny." His voice was so soft and considerate when he spoke to Pentious on the other end.