Divided: Chapter 6- Reminiscent

Present Day- Late 2022

Sipping his tea and indulging in a trip down memory lane but that recollection of their first time made Sir Pentious inhale his tea and slightly choke on his beverage.
"I...I SAID NO SUCH THING?!" he coughed while taking more tea to soothe his throat. Putting the teacup done in an aggressively British manner he composed himself to tell off this misinformed man.
Inhaling deeply Sir Pentious spoke, "WHY IN ALL OF HELL WOULD I TELL YOU TO HIRE STRIPPERS MONTGOMERY!?"

"Well, you did Penny. I remember it as clear as day." He found this entertaining and leaned back on the nice couch folding his arms.
"Why would I tell my then-boyfriend to hire strippers?!" Blinking in disbelief gesturing his hands out over the table.

"Ah, but you did Penny," Monty smugly replied.
"No, I didn't!" Penny denied
"Yes, you did."
"No, I didn't!!"
"Yeah, ya did Penny" Monty was starting to laugh at this point.
"I swear on Nissy's Supra I didn't!" He got more high pitched and his hood fanned out his teeth bearing.
Monty started to laugh at how flustered Penny was getting about this stripper statement.

"You know how to push my buttons don't you Monty Python." He scowled and blushed more at the laughing Irishman.
"Hahahaa! Aye, that I do Penny!" He caught his breath and wiped the tears from his eye. "Ah, sure Penny I know what other buttons to push." He put his hand up and wiggled his white claws indicating he knew all of Sir Pentious's weak points and pleasure points. "A man never forgets those kinds of buttons." He flirted.
Pentious puffed up his cheeks and fanned his hood out at how annoyingly flirtatious his ex was being.
"You got to admit we were wild at the start!" Monty smirked. "Hey, do you remember that one time during.."
"Valentine's Day" Sir Pentious blushed with the reminiscences.
Monty however blushed boldly with a memory of his best moves "St.Patrick's Day" the two said at the same time then both remembered the days mentioned.
"Oh yeah!" They blushed in thinking back to their wild sex nights at the beginning of the relationship.

Pen sat back looking away pouting, folding his arms in jest. Then a soft blush filled the ebony snake's cheeks as he calmed down.
"You know, remembering our time back then we were such different people. You were still the Champion of the Arena but struggled financially and I was...I guess I haven't changed that much since then." Sir Pentious felt disappointed in himself looking back on his recent years.
"Well, not quite Penny. I mean you stormed Voxco, you just witnessed myself almost getting erased and Arackniss being erased. Then you proved me wrong for writing "harmless" on your Vox File. I think you're not giving yourself enough credit." Monty was good at encouraging but this made Pen have a counterargument.

"Yes I did but I reacted out of emotions and any opportunity that came for me to be shot or erased I was willing to take it after you got shot. I couldn't...go on knowing you didn't exist anymore. Then Nissy sacrificed himself like that and to possibly let me be happy with you...it's a lot Monty for one person. Looking back on that whole fiasco I honestly felt so...useless.''

Monty was stunned by this and leaned forward on the table to engage more in the conversation. "Penny, that's not true you were a key element on that mission!"
"No, I wasn't Monty. You manned the submarine and averted our fate, Nissy followed through getting captured and Angel was magnificent sneaking in to get his brother out. What did I do? It was my fault that got you shot! I was the weak link that caused a rift in your friendship with Arakniss. I was the reason Nissy chose to stay behind I know it! No matter how..." tears started to build up in Pen's eyes as he recalled the recent events. "...much you or anyone tells me that Angel picked the straw. I offered a tribute first..." he rested his hands on the table.