Divided: Chapter 19- Trauma

September 2015
Monty

Adjusting to the suit Monty was very much nervous and distracted by not only his upcoming match but also an interview with Vox. Not to mention his scheming plan to sneak off to Valentino's and face Diamondback.
Monty was not one to harbour stress but it was starting to show during his training sessions which had been moved to one of Vox's state of the art gyms.
The coaches were really good but none of them was keeping Monty grounded in his head and all he could think about was no matter how much muscle he gained or earned, he was never going to be able to protect Penny from a gun.

Strong was putting it lightly what Monty was capable of but he was no Superman and far from an Overlord status by any means.
After many stat tests and being hooked up to health monitors while working out the intense training with the Voxco staff, Monty was able to go home. However, that lingering feeling of not being able to protect Penny never left his mind.
Over the months Monty got rid of his dingy car and bought a new Ford Mustang in a metallic blue and white top.

"I...don't need it...no, I don't.." Monty thought to himself as he put his gym gear in the trunk of the car. "Oh, but what if someone like Dimey comes after Penny?... That will not happen, you are going to deal with him at the party...yes but Penny does not know I'm going to that party..." Monty wrestled with his thoughts and got into the driver seat. He tried to compose himself in the underground car park of Voxco.

Resting his head on the steering wheel trying to compose himself and not trigger an anxiety attack.
"This job will change everything...I will have enough money for me and Penny to move into a mansion in Lilith Hills...maybe even help Penny upgrade his ship too...".
Sitting back huffing deeply Monty rubbed his chest to ease that tightness, he was not one for lying ever and this was the first time in a very long time he had to lie.

Now Monty was no saint and had told white lies here and there but not this extreme. He leaned back in his driver seat and started to control his breathing. "You're alright boyo...it's going to be fine. You gotta get that gun...it'll help you protect Penny...aye but it'll make Vox happy and show you're interested in the job...but I don't want to kill people...yes but you'll get more money quickly."
Monty coughed feeling nauseous about the thought of killing somebody else just for money. It made him heave.

Starting the engine of his car Monty had to move the car so nobody in the office could see him look weak.
Holding back all that ball of nerves and trying to focus to get out of the car park the Irishman made it out to the main road. He just blindly drove to somewhere he felt comfortable to stop and compose himself.
Monty parked in front of the arena and dashed down an alleyway to gag and heave. Nothing was coming out, it was just his body reacting to all the lies and secrets, not to mention the flashing images of the gun in the shop window.
Panting wildly Monty was running out of time in making this decision and the Semi-Final was merely weeks away.
"Monty? Is that you?" A somewhat familiar voice came out of the door of the alley entrance to the arena.
"Oh hey, Nate...how are you?" Monty asked, still not quite himself.
"I should be asking you that. Are you ok?" The young mongoose went over to help his coworker and once opponent by rubbing his back.
"I know we all kinda miss ya here...it's not as fun anymore and the coach is super strict on us now."
Monty held the wall planting his hand on it as he gave a half chuckle trying not to gag again.

"Is the Voxco gym that tough? I don't think I've ever seen you this bad Monty..." the mongoose went over to console his coworker and rubbed Monty's back. Nate quickly grabbed his water bottle and gave it to Monty.
The Python took the water bottle and sprayed some in his mouth and on his face getting that horrendous queasy feeling off his face. There was still the lingering cold sweat feeling but Monty was able to stand upright without gagging.
"Tough...is one word for it. They had all these tests done on me today and I honestly do not remember most of it as it just dragged on. How have you been Nate?"
"I've been doing alright, I met someone!" He gave a sweet smile and blushed lightly.
"NO WAY! Good on ya boyo! So who's the lucky person?" Monty leaned on the brick wall of the alley as he distracted himself from the looming thoughts.
"Her name is Kate and she is so good! Maybe we can go on a double date sometime?! You and Sir Pentious can join us for dinner!"
"That would be nice! Tell ya what if you make it to the final against me again the winner pays!"
Nate and Monty shook on it to seal the deal as Monty handed his water bottle back. "Are you sure you are ok Monty?"
"Yeah...I will just have to think through some stuff before the Semi-Final."
"I'm sure you can do it, Monty. We've been trainees together and you've encouraged me to get where I am today. Even gave me pointers with the ladies haha! You can figure it, Monty!" Nate patted his friend's shoulder.
This made Monty smile and although he didn't hang out with Nate as much as he liked to, it was nice to know he gave someone inspiration to follow their dream.