Divided: Chapter 5- First Date

February 2015

On the HMO Earl Gray, Sir Pentious was going through so many of his outfits he had not a clue what to wear for his first date with Monty. He was in such a panic he was considering his default pinstripe suit and top hat until one of the more clever egg boys brought over this long grey jumper dress. It made Pen's eyes sparkle in his robe "OH YES! YES THAT'S IT NUMBER 44!" he was so giddy with glee he disrobed and dressed into the dress. "Oh, I am so excited!".

Meanwhile

Frantically tossing somewhat clean clothes from his barren wardrobe, Monty was panicking smelling his handful of clean shirts, until success!
"Oh thank fuck!" it was pressed against the side of the wardrobe on the rack so it was not too creased. Grabbing probably the only skinny tie he owned he knotted it casually around his collar before donning on a nice denim jacket.
Monty was about to leave until he looked at the chaos on the bed. If things went well tonight he would not want the bed to be covered in clothes. So like the bachelor he was Monty grabbed all the clothes and dumped them in a pile in the wardrobe.

"I'll deal with you later." he scolded the pile of clothes. Then there was a knock at the door. Monty's heart skipped a beat knowing it was Penny at the door, he brushed his messy hair. "Bun? No bun. Ah! Fuck it no bun!" He muttered to himself as he made it to the door. Monty however opened the door ajar which made Pen very suspicious.
"Oh hello, Penny. You're early" he poked his head out for the door and was determined to not let Sir Pentious into his apartment.

Pentious was in a soft long oversized grey jumper dress. A black belt to decorate his waist and a small crossbody bag. "Montgomery? Why aren't you inviting me in?" He folded his arms, scowling at the python.
Monty started to feel a cold sweat on his brow, Penny was early and Monty didn't have any time to clean his apartment.
"I-I um..." he was very sheepish and a tad bit embarrassed but he reluctantly opened his door letting Penny in.
As Sir Pentious passed him Monty facepalmed knowing his place was an utter kip.

When Pentious saw the apartment it was a nice size. The kitchen was to the right of the main door, the small dining set and the living room was at the back near the window. The bedroom was through an open archway making it more spacious than the rest of the apartment. On Pen's right were some coat hooks, movie posters and a wall-mounted tv.
Each of these rooms was under piles of pizza boxes, clothes, undone laundry and dishes were piled up in the sink.

The sheer horror on Pen's face was unseen by Monty until Sir Pentious slowly turned to the shameful Monty.
Stutterings of sounds came out of the British banana snake as he was so shocked by the filth of the apartment. Pen took a deep breath and exhaled, hanging his little crossbody bag on the unused coat hooks. He rolled up his sleeves and left to get the apartment building's janitorial cart he had passed in the hall.

"Penny?" Confused and left clueless Monty could only wait for Penny's return as he hears the jangling rattling of the wheels of the trolley. Pen comes in with the janitorial supplies into the messy apartment.
"What are you doing Penny? Aren't we supposed to be going out?" He asked as he was handed a black rubbish bag. Monty closes the door and pouts knowing his first date with Pen was doing the cleaning.
"We are cleaning your apartment. Besides, we didn't have a solid plan on where we were going."

Pen puts on the bright yellow gloves and rolls up his sleeves before putting his hair into a messy bun. "Right, the dishes put them in the dishwasher while I sort out your laundry to bring downstairs to the laundry room" he points and Monty just...goes.

Penny sorted the variety of T-shirts, tanks and other forms of clothing into a black bag to bring downstairs. "OH HEAVENS!" Penny screeched as he came across a few pairs of women's panties and thongs giving Monty a soft glare.
"What? I was a single man, Penny. Can't judge me for that" he blushed at the discovery of the variety of panties.
Once he uncovered more it was getting ridiculous, "Really? I hardly think keeping red thongs is ideal." Raising his brow at Monty but still disgusted that he hadn't thrown them out or the fact the women of the night left them behind.
Next, he started to put the plethora of takeaway containers, boxes and uneaten food scraps into the trash bag. It made Pen gag a little but it had to be done. Rubbish bags started to pile up and the apartment was starting to be uncovered under the trash.