Divided: Chapter 26- Home Sweet Home

Arackniss

Locking his car in the garage, Arackniss rubbed the back of his neck after Angel assisted in killing the target. The client wired the couple grand to his account and it was a good haul overall.

Gazing up at the airship gave him a sense of both comfort and dread.
Sighing as he fumbled with his keys going up the steps to the small veranda, Niss managed to open the door.
Startled by the house alarm he called out as he disarmed it. "Pen?" Niss called out to the silent household as he shut the alarm off.
Carrying the weapons kit and closing the door with a kick of his feet.
"How strange?" He thought as he looked at his watch and worry started to dawn on Arackniss's mind. It was 2 am and Pentious never stayed out late.

Arackniss put the bag in the concealed armoury closet that was disguised as a bookshelf of movies.
Once that was done he put his lower hands on his hips trying to piece together where Pen would be. He knew where and most important with...who.
"Nope, not going to think that!" He exclaimed to himself his arms akimbo. Rubbing his exhausted face he tried to focus.
"Ok let's check the house first then the ship. Yeah...Pen could just be asleep at his workshop or something up there."

The lone conversations did bring both sanity and insanity to Arackniss in the dead house.
Searching the bedrooms of his safe house, he found it as he left it. The bed was made and clean.
"Ok...no need to panic. D-don't assume shit, Sal." he let out a shaky breath and was getting concerned. He took out his phone from his pocket to see that his last text was not seen by Pen.
"I swear to Lucifer...!" Niss gritted his teeth and then shook it off. "Nope! Do not jump to conclusions, just check the ship. Yeah..check the ship."

Racing outside to the Aranea the first thing that was perplexing was the anchored ship had its elevator down. "Pen does not have this down if he is out. Thank fuck!" Niss patted his chest and took the elevator up to the ship.
"PEN!" he called out to the silent ship with only the humming of the engine. Walking down the halls passed the workshop to find it dark and vacant. Niss did not let the panic consume him just yet as he dashed around all over the ship calling out to the Victorian snake, yet nothing was called back.

Coming to the bedroom he found a very different scene compared to his safe house. The bed was crinkled as if it sat on and at the end, there was a square as if something was placed there.
Entering the room Arackniss walked forward noticing little things like his book moved an antique lighter. Then he felt something under his feet that was not carpet.
Looking down he sees a photo strip of the pair all dolled up, Monty kissing Pen and it is returned as the photos continue.

Arackniss let out a shaky breath as he tried so desperately to not let his mind wander or jump the gun.

Looking around the ship more, finding the eggs minions all asleep, Niss made his way back down to the house below.
Gritting and grinding his teeth as he tried so hard to compose himself.
"Pen is never out this late...Monty on the other hand?" He mumbled as he left the lift and sent it back up to the ship. Walking across the lawn it was safe to say touching grass was not going to help.

Storming into the kitchen from the backdoor, Niss clambers onto one of the dining table chairs and grabs the new bottle of Wild Pegasus.
"We hadn't talked about opening up our relationship like Anthony said. So...if something did happen...its..." he covered his mouth feeling the shakes riddle his body.

He was a war veteran, a sniper and a hitman but this...this really rattled his sense to the core. Arackniss did not like this emotional roller coaster regardless of what was to come in the morning. Whether Monty seduced Pen or Pen just had a moment of weakness toying with his emotions was uncalled for.

Dragging the chair back to the table he plopped down after grabbing a glass, staring at the elixir before him knowing it would not help the situation at all. But at least it will numb the pain until he confronts either of the snakes.

Pouring a glass he downs it in one shot, the front door in perfect view of his seat.
Arackniss pours another and grabs a cigarette lighting it made the only light flicker in the dark kitchen of the safe house.
The clock ominously ticked away as the harrowing thoughts blurred his mind.

Watching and waiting for Pentious to come home.