Divided: Prelude

Divided: Prelude

Nervously waiting at a table booth after ordering his much anticipated afternoon tea spread, Sir Pentious was anxious about this meeting with Monty.

Arackniss was not keen on the two of them being alone together at any point but he understood that they both needed closure about their past relationship.

Sir Pentious awaited at the Blissful Tea Emporium cafe for his ex lover to arrive. He heard the store door open and a helpful female imp escorted the Irish Python to the booked table.

"Uh...when I suggested we go out for drinks Penny this isn't what I had in mind." Monty greeted with a confused statement. He didn't mind the tea but it wasn't what he had in mind.

"You didn't state whether it was an alcoholic or not. You also let me have the choice of venue. I might add Montgomery. Besides, we all know where a few alcoholic beverages will lead us and we need to do this sober..." Pen rested his chin in his laced hands but sat back a little saddened but also nervous by this meeting. "Please sit Monty..."

The larger muscular blue snake did his best to graciously sit opposite Pentious but graceful to Monty was like a bull trying to do ballet. His form nudged the table making Pentious react into saving the teapot and cake stand. "Oops sorry Penny" he gave a sheepish smile at his clumsiness.
"Oh it's quiet alright the tea is saved." The sheer fear in Sir Pentious's eyes was not an unfamiliar sight when it came to tea time being tainted.

"So...what should we talk about Penny?" He pressed his lips together and under the tablecloth he was very fidgety with his hands.
Pentious raised an eyebrow and was a little taken back. "Aren't you the one who this suggested Monty? Surely you'd know what to discuss?"

"Oh right yes. Um.." he blushed trying to find the words and that expression made Penny give a little giggle. "Huh? What's so funny Penny?"
Having his freshly filed and polished claws against his lips as he held by the giggles. "Oh it's nothing just...after all this time you're still not the best with words."

Monty grew more bashful and sat up more straight putting his arms on the table giving Pen a soft smile. "You still laugh just as sweetly when I do dumb shit."
They both smiled and averted their eyes from one another out of bashfulness.

Sir Pentious took the teapot and opened it to stir the Irish black tea inside. Making sure the brew had blended well to a decent strength.
"You ordered Irish tea?" Monty caught the homely scent of the tea coming from the teapot.
"Course I did, you're not a big fan of my favourite Earl Gray and I'm open to any teas but an Irish breakfast tea was...suitable for this engagement." Pen put the lid back on and poured the tea out into the two matching teacups. Monty was very behaved as he knew Penny had a certain edict to this ritual of afternoon tea. Watching Penny arrange the teas even making it the way Monty liked it with 1 sugar cube and a dash of milk, maybe they knew more about one another then they thought?

"Right where shall we start Penny?" Monty relaxed as he sipped the comforts of the tea made by Penny.

"Let's start at the beginning Monty."