Know Eachother

: ROSALIA'S POV :

"Have you seen my mom?" the little boy asked as he grabbed the file it fell on the ground. It was for my distraction that the documents were scattered on the floor.

"Come here, Aaron," That man I just saw outside beckoned while coming nearer to grab the child's hand. He did not give me any chance to talk to that little boy.

I noticed the employees on the ground floor started to bow down a little to him in an attempt to show respect. Who is he? I was a little curious. He did not even spare a glance back at them. Soon he lifted the little boy in his arms and entered the lift.

I saw Jacob coming in my direction. He started helping me to pick up the documents. He is my only good friend in this office. I never had many friends since I was a nerd in school. Jacob is always very helpful.

"Why are you so clumsy Rose," Jacob said as he handed me the documents he had picked.

Honestly, I don't even know myself.

"Thank you, Jacob," curiosity got the best of me so I asked," who's the guy? Why were you bowing to him?"

"Rose it's almost 3 months you are working here. You don't even know that he is Kevin Knight, the owner of Knight Corporations"

"Sorry, I didn't know our boss was married" I said being embarrassed.

"Oh, hell no Rose, he is not miss Kate's husband. He is her brother" Oh god now I see why they have the same eyes they are siblings.

"& He is the most eligible bachelor of this city right now. Don't you check celebrity news on SNS ??" he laughed.

Honestly, I don't because I don't even have the time and also, I'm not interested. But if he is a bachelor then whose child was that with him. I thought not to ask any more of my stupid questions and started working.

KEVIN'S POV:

Today, I have decided to visit one of the branches of Knight Corporations where my younger sister, Kate is handling the business as the managing director. Even though, we have plenty of expertise for that, I really don't understand why she insisted on doing that. She could have just spent her day relaxing. But I can not deny any of my precious little sister's requests so I let her work on this branch where work pressure is much less. Also, I personally make sure to check on that.

I decided to bring my 4 year old nephew Aaron with me to surprise Kate.

As we entered the office Aaron ran towards the receptionist's office. I saw Aaron grabbing the file of a staff. My eyes fell on her. She was not the receptionist I know. She is very tiny and cute. She has thick black waist-length hair.

I noticed her eyes which were on me and I could tell she was intimidated, there was a flicker of intimidation evident in her gaze. With calculated steps when I moved a bit closer to her to grab Aaron's hand, she dropped all the documents and files on the floor. I could not resist a smirk, is it my presence that flustered you!

I read her name ROSALIA BROWN on her office ID card. Such a beautiful name for someone so delicate and beautiful as well. Her scent was intoxicating. I must admit that despite her petite frame, her curves were really captivating. And the way she carried herself with an unseen innocence that instantly drew me in. Oh lord, why am I even thinking about all these!

She didn't bow down to me. Does she not know who I am. Never mind she will very soon!

To stop myself from unnecessary thoughts I quickly picked up Aaron and headed towards the lift. She was watching me all the time. It's nothing new to me girls practically throw themselves at me where ever I go but her gaze was somehow different. It was innocent not a lustful one. She has an innocent aura.

She bent down to pick up the scattered files from the floor. Her perfect curves were accentuated drawing my attention. Soon I found out other male staff gawking at her sexy figure. I could not help but feel enraged at the thought of others daring to gawk at what I was admiring. I made one mental note to address her choice of attire very soon. Before I could comprehend why, my anger only intensified when I saw a male staff member approaching her to help her pick up those files and she smiled back at him. Her smile in return only fueled my desire to claim her attention all for myself.

I suddenly felt the overwhelming need to possess and claim her attention. But she is just a mere ground staff. She is nothing compared to my status. I know I can have her any day I want, there's no challenge at all.

I reached the fifth floor soon after where Kate was busy working on her laptop.

"MOM" Aaron ran towards her as I opened the door of her office.

"O MY GOD what a pleasant surprise what are you doing here baby?" she chirped

"Aaron misses mommm so Kevin brought Aaron here" Aaron said with a pout.

"O my sweet baby" Kate picked him up and made him sit on her lap.

"Brother what are you doing here?" she asked.

"I came to check on you, Kate. I hope you are not overworking yourself" I questioned being concerned.

"No, I'm not brother. How can I even properly work when you are here?" She looked up at me with a playful smile.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Always with the jokes," I replied settling into a nearby chair. "So, tell me about the new staff you've hired" I asked, genuinely curious about her latest additions and my recent discoveries.

"We hire plenty of staff every day at Knights Corporation, Kevin. Is there anyone particular you are asking for?" She asked.

"NO" I don't want to bother my sister with a mere infatuation. I'm the owner I'll figure it out myself.

"Just tell me who is she this time?" She teased, trying to pull my legs as always.

"It's nothing of your concern and also stop being too friendly towards the employees. Your receptionist is absent, staffs are negligent towards work. They should be obedient to you" I instructed in a firm voice.

"It is, Kevin. Besides they fear you...."

Kate was in the middle of saying something when our conversation was interrupted by a knock at the door of her office.

"Come in" she ordered.

I saw little Rosalia entering the office.

"Mam, here are the copies you wanted," she said in the sweetest voice I have ever heard. She is angelic.

"Is there anything else I can do mam?"

"No, you may go now. Thank you" Kate replied with a reassuring smile before she left the room.

I must do a background check on her real soon....

IT'LL BE FUN PLAYING WITH YOU, KITTEN!!!

.....

Thank you so much for reading. Please do vote.

🐝+ve