Hospital

⁽ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ⁻²⁶⁾

𝑴𝒚 𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒐𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒓...
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏.

ROSALIA's POV

How am I gonna save him!

I desperately tried to push the heavy sliding glass door of the window with all my strength but it did not work instead it was getting closed at a slow pace. The pain all over my body didn't help either.

"Don't be afraid and.. and do not move from there. I'll get you" I ensured that baby who was looking at me with a fear-stricken face but somehow managed to listen to me. But what I could say I was way more scared than him. He might lose his balance and fall from the height if he tries to move. I reached my hand out of the window and tried to pull him from the middle of the balcony towards the corner so that I could get him out but my hands could not reach his body.

The non-transparent glass was gradually blocking Aaron's view from my eyes in the dark. Seeing no other way of rescuing, I quickly slid myself out of the window. The fabric of the nightgown near my knee tore in between this process.

I gasped, feeling my own breath hitch in my throat seeing the height from there. The very little place was not even enough for us to stand together. My legs were shaking when I gripped Aaron's hand. Determination locked my mind... I anyhow needed to save that boy. I took him up in my arms and Ignoring the pain in my body, pushed him inside the room through the tiny space that was left between the glass door and the adjacent wall. He cried out as his body hurt.

On the instant, I attempted to get myself out but the space was not allowing me to pass through.

"Rose!" Aaron rolled his little arm out at me but I pushed it back immediately.

"Go and call someone for help," I told him. He nodded obediently but kept looking back at me again and again while walking towards the door.

"Don't worry about me. Just go!" I shouted.

The heavy glass was almost closed. I could not see the insides of the room anymore. I kept waiting but anxiety dawned upon me when quite a long time passed by.

All of the maids must have left the mansion already and the others present were busy drinking. Whom will the little boy ask for help from! My eyes ranged all sides around me. As it was the backside of the mansion nothing but the tall walls and dense trees could be seen.

To add more to my misery the clouds thundered and it started raining laboriously. I wrapped my arms around my body feeling the cold. I supported my back on the glass as the floor was becoming slippery because of the continuous rain.

    Due to the intolerable cold, my body started shivering and my teeth were clattering nonstop. I did my best to scream for help but was unable to make any sound!

KEVIN's POV

The dial of my watch read ten past one when I stopped the car just near the front gate. It was still raining lightly. I was busy dropping off the wet from my jacket when someone called me.

"Hey, Kevin! Would you mind joining us?" That familiar girl .. her name.. I couldn't recall at that moment.

What could be better than enjoying a finely aged wine in such cold weather but all I wanted to do at that moment was to spoon my little kitten in my arms cosily and let myself melt into her warmth.