Infatuated

KEVIN'S POV

I called my right-hand man John to clear my day's schedule and also asked my Personal Assistant to hand me over the resume of Rosalia Brown.

I left Aaron with Kate and went into my office. I have my personal office in every building of Knight Corporation, a personal space to think and plan. I felt the pool to stay in here, a bit longer driven by the desire to meet Rosalia, her eyes and voice already consumed my mind, I needed to do something about that.

In the lunch time I saw her eating lunch with an asshole. I think he is the same guy that helped her to pick up the documents this morning. Isn't he a little too interested in my kitten !?

I felt the need to hear her angelic voice one more time so I asked my pa to call her in my office.

ROSALIA'S POV

I was having lunch with Jacob since he is the only friend I have in the office I always have lunch with him.

"I didn't know miss Kate has a son. He is very cute" Jacob said

"Yes he is! " I chirped.I love children. They are very cute.

Suddenly Mia, one of my colleagues approached our table and said, "Boss wants to see you in his office right now."

"But it's lunch time" I protested. In the last three months, I have never seen Miss Kate calling us during the lunch break.

"Doesn't matter sweetie. If Mr. Knight has called you, you better hurry. His office is on the 7th floor by the way." She informed.

"Why the hell sir even called her" I heard the girl sitting across me said.
"Most probably he will kick her inexperienced ass out of the office he is not like madam Kate" the other one laughed.

I quickly got up and rushed towards the lift. Inside, I nervously fixed my skirt and hair. I don't know why but I was feeling very nervous. My mind raced with the thoughts about his sudden call.

As I reached the 7th floor, I noticed a middle aged man working on his laptop who I assumed to be Mr. Knight's PA. He noticed me and directed me to his office. This floor was usually off-limits to regular staff like me, making me feel even more out of place and anxious.

There were not many people on the floor. Most probably, it was only his PA and me.

As I stood before his office, I knocked on the door feeling my heart racing.

"Come in," a commanding voice responded.

I slowly opened the door and stepped inside. The office was spacious and well organized, reflecting the power and authority of its occupant. Mr. Knight sat behind a large wooden desk, his eyes were fixed on me with an intensity that made my stomach flip.

"You called me. Sir?" I managed to say, trying to keep my voice steady.

"Yes, sit down" He said gesturing to a chair in front of the desk.

I took a seat on one of the chairs that was in front of his desk. It was only me and Mr. Knight in the office ... probably on the floor also. The silence of the room was increasing my anxiety.

"So tell me about yourself, miss- ?" He asked in a very measured and controlled tone.

"Rosalia Brown, Sir" I replied.

"Yes, Rosalia. Tell me more"

"I'm 22 years old. I have graduated in business management and have been working here for almost three months," I said. I am relatively new here, never for once met the owner or the boss, I do not know how to address him, that might be the reason why he is asking all this.