(16) It's cold...

[ Levi ]

I can't let him die.

Not like this.

My body dove into the water shortly after he entered, forcing my eyes open underwater. The strange feeling made my eyes burn, so I knew I had to hurry up. I searched helplessly, my heart racing.

Where are you?

My vision was blurry and the water was murky as hell, so I was at a complete disadvantage. Feeling random objects floating in the water brushing against me made me cringe, imagining how much bacteria is in this damn river.

Where the hell are you, Eren? How long do you intend to make me shatter?

My arms reached in front of me just in case. Suddenly the tips of my fingers touched a thick piece of clothe, Eren was wearing a coat wasn't he? I quickly grabbed at it without hesitation, struggling to swim to the surface.

I finally breached into air, scrambling to shore and pulling a familiar all too tall body out. I quickly laid him down, pressing my ear lightly against his lips. My eyes widened.

He's not breathing.

I did cpr as many times as I could, feeing lightheaded my self. His body was cold, his skin was pale, his eyes were closed. I can't let it end like this, I won't. After another dozen times of cpr, Eren finally started coughing up water, laying on his side and gripping into his chest.

I sighed, exhausted and threw myself to the ground beside him. I stared up at the blue sky, no clouds, the sun boring holes into my eyes. I was cold myself, some water had entered my lungs, and my body felt numb.

"You bastard." I mumbled. Eren now had neither his coat or shirt, he towered over me with concern.

"Why..." He chocked, clutching onto my shirt. "It's not fair..."

My heart hurts.

"It's your fault." I spoke louder, his blue eyes meeting mine. I reached up to touch his face, my hand trembling with cold.

Hot tears poured down his cheeks, running over my hands and sending chills throughout my body. He pressed my hand against his warm cheek, pecking the palm of my hand occasionally. My body slowly felt weak.

Is this how it's going to end then...?

"I'm going to take you to the hospital." Eren spoke normally now, picking me up with ease.

I'm too heavy, you can't run-

He took off full speed, obviously still weak but he seemed determined. He only looked forward, his breathing fast and heavy.

Are we both...not going to make it?

I shook the thought away, feeling a bit tired, my eyelids hung lazily, soon closing and pitch black wrapped around my vision.

[ Eren ]

This is my fault, why does it have to be like this? I'm horrible...horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible.

You're such a good person.

Lie.

You're all I need.

Lie..

It's a promise.

Lie...

This isn't my fault...it's Armin's. Right? My mind was clouded with hateful and unsure thoughts, it only boosted my speed more. The adrenaline running through me, I know it won't last long, so I have to hurry up.

"Finally!" I whispered, walking quickly into the hospital.

The nurses noticed Levi quickly, and asked what had happened. I only told them we went fishing, and I fell in the water, but he jumped in after to save me. They seemed doubtful about my excuse, but didn't bother to question it.

They placed Levi onto a gurney, and let me look at him once more. I grabbed his cold hand, kissing it softly.

"It's cold..." He mumbled softly, after that, he was taken into the emergency room.

"Please, be okay. " I whispered.

I was placed into the waiting room, my leg shaking nervously, still shirtless and women staring at me with blushing faces. I groaned, standing from my seat and left the hospital.

I have to set things straight with Armin...

Once and for all.

--------------

Ne~ sorry if it's so short, it's 6:43 in the morning and I have nothing better to do with my life . 'д' ;

Oh, and I'm watching an anime called Parasyte: The Maximum, and omg I can't handle how incredible and amazing this anime is .
。・゜・(Д')・゜・。❤️

Anywhodiddle, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and have a lovely Kawaii day . ✌️😊💕

Your food loving Senpai,

GTK . 🔥💕