(13) Armin

[ Eren ]

I stood there in shock, tears swelling up in my eyes. Short glimpses of memories of my parents flashed in my mind. I remembered how much I missed them, how much that I want them back.

Levi stood there with a cold glare, but I knew I had deserved it. My mind was foggy and my vision was blurry. I grew weak in the knees, feeling my heart clench. I gasped and clasped my hands together onto my chest, my breaths now becoming short.

Without warning, I fell to the ground.

[ Levi ]

I watched him fall to the ground, steadily breathing and fast asleep. Damn brat had a heart attack. I growled and ran both of my hands through my hair.

"I hate you." I spoke aloud, scooping him into my arms and carried him out of the house and into the car.

I sat Eren in the backseat, buckling him up and drive off to the hospital.

"Why am I helping you?" I mumbled, occasionally looking at the rear view mirror to check on him.

"You don't know how much it hurts, Eren." I spoke a bit louder.

I finally arrived at the hospital, carrying him inside and let the nurses and doctors take care of him. They asked me to stay for support, but I refused and drove back home.

[ Eren • Next Morning ]

My eyes fluttered open, my head was pulsing and I hissed in pain. I noticed wires were attached to my arms and legs, taking in my surroundings. Why am I in the hospital?

The door to the room suddenly opened, and an old man walked in, a gentle smile on his face. "Ah, Eren Jeager. I see you're doing well."

I nodded slightly and ran my fingers through my hair. "Is the person who took me here still in the hospital?"

His smile was now awkward and worried, his eyes slowly averting away. "Uh, y-yes. He told me to pass this message. Don't come back."

I looked down at my hands as I heard the man sigh. He walked closer and checked the constantly beeping machines, tapping the screen with the tip of his finger.

"Your heart rate seems normal now, I think you're well enough to leave by this afternoon." I smiled and thanked him, watching him pace out the room.

Short glimpses of what went on flashed through my mind, giving me a headache. I sighed, not knowing what to do with myself. I looked at my left arm, seeing one of the many tubes connected to me, pumping some kind of clear liquid into my body. I hesitated, but pulled it away, hearing the machines beeping all at once.

I hopped off the uncomfortable bed, walking towards the restroom, spotting an extra change of clothes. I quickly slipped out of the ugly robe, and dressed into my more comfortable clothing. I wore a black dress shirt with a beige vest, and dark skinny jeans.

Before any doctors would walk in the room, I decided to leave as quickly as possible.

[Out of The Hospital]

I looked left and right of the street, then proceeded to cross. I remembered the way to Armin's house, it wasn't but only a few blocks away. And just as I thought, I found myself at his front door.

I hesitated before knocking, and looked down at the door mat. I waited for about a minute or two, hearing small footsteps on the other side of the door. I smiled once Armin poked his face from out the door, his eyes lighting up as he saw me.

He sat me down on the couch, quickly running off to the kitchen to make some tea. I sat there nervously, examining how neat and bright his house was. The living room had tons of windows, everywhere you looked you could see outside.

"So, what makes you come here all of a sudden?" Armin asked, leaning against the kitchen counter. He played with a lock of blonde hair that continued to fall in front of his face.

My gaze faltered, now looking down at my hands. He leaned forward, worry showing in his blue eyes.

"Eren...?" I sighed, smiling towards him and shook my head softly.

"Ah, nothing happened." I tucked a hair behind his ear, making his cheeks heat up.

I leaned forward, pecking him softly on the lips. His blush intensified and looked away, his cheeks filling with air. I smiled softly towards myself, leaning my head into his arm. He stiffened, soon relaxing and raked his fingers through my hair. He continued to pet me, making me sigh with satisfaction.

A nervous expression soon washed over his face, making me sit up correctly. He fumbled with his hands, taking a small sigh.

"Are you...still with Levi...?" I looked down at my feet, remembering what he'd said before I was kicked out.

My chest ached, and my eyes watered, but I knew I'm not the person he deserves. All I do is fuck everything up, I ruin everything. I looked back up at Armin, confusion in his soft eyes. I smiled and forced a laugh, ruffling his blonde hair.

"He doesn't need me anymore, alright?" It seemed he was surprised, but I ignored it and avoided the following question he was going to ask.

"I see." I smiled forcefully again, now feeling uncomfortable.

My mind was foggy and my thoughts were distant. I couldn't shake the depressed feeling off, my chest tightening. I couldn't get Levi out of my head. No matter what I tried distracting myself with, he always somehow found a way into my thoughts.

[ Armin ]

Eren got quiet for a while, leaving an awkward atmosphere around us. I wonder what happened between them? But, it shouldn't matter. I'm going to make Eren happier than Levi has ever made him.

I gently laid my hand to his shoulder, his blue eyes looking into mine. I smiled softly as he smiled in return. I smirked, wiggling my eyebrows out of nowhere. He giggled, covering his mouth with his hands as he laughed.

I smiled once I hear his laugh, my hands creeping to his sides. He blushed, still softly giggling from before. I then attacked his sides with tickles, making him burst into a laughing fit.

He continuously tried to push me away with his feet, but no matter who he went against, he was always the uke. [ ;) ]

"What was all that for?" He wiped small tears from his eyes while calming down now, his eyes shining brighter than before.

I leaned forward, pulling him into a short kiss. I smiled once we pulled away, now ruffling his brown hair.

"You're adorable when you laugh." I said, seeing a small red rush to his cheeks.

He wouldn't make eye contact, his cheeks burning with embarrassment. His face was now almost completely red, snatching a pillow to cover his face. I chuckled, crawling over, kissing the top of his head.

He groaned frustratedly, pulling the pillow down to only show his eyes. "You're weird."

I smirked. "If anyone's weird, it's you."

His cheeks filled with air, playfully kicking me. He sat up eventually, resting his head in my lap now. I began to pet him like before, seeing him smile with relaxed eyes.

I looked up at the ceiling, a warm sigh escaping between my lips. Soon, Eren yawned, stretching to get more comfortable. I didn't want to bother him, but my legs were falling asleep by now.

He snuggles with a warm smile, closing his eyes slowly before I could speak. I sighed with defeat, leaning down painfully to kiss his cheek. Hearing him softly snore soon made me yawn, stretching my arms behind my head, sinking lower into the couch.

"Goodnight, Eren."