Chapter 22: Pretending is all part of life

Bri P.O.V.

Terry, Kya and I decided to go to Tami's house and pay her a visit. We have been hanging out together more due to Tami. I realized that Terry is not who I thought he was. He's actually really cool and down to earth. I thought he was some drug attic/abuser but I was wrong. I saw the way he acted with Tami. He was very caring, kind and gentle with her. A total opposite of what I was thinking. I learned that I shouldn't believe everything I hear because all the things Kevin was saying about Terry were wrong. 

Kya rung the doorbell and we waited patiently for someone to open the door. Moments later, Tami greeted us with a wide smile and told us to come in. 

We went inside and she asked us if we wanted to join her and Lena for dinner. We nodded our heads yes. 

We made our way into the dining room and greeted Lena. 

"I didn't know you guys were coming but I'm glad you guys could make it for dinner." 

"Yeah, sorry for coming unannounced." I said.

"Its ok, I like you guys." She chuckled. 

After we had dinner, Lena, Kya and even TERRY were discussing events that happened on the show Pretty Little Liars. I was surprised that Terry, out of all people watched that show. I would expect him to watch some hardcore show, not some show like Pretty Little Liars but people like what they like I guess. 

Tami and I quietly slipped out of the room, leaving them to talk about who they thought 'A' was. We went into her room. 

"Are you ok Tami?" I asked. She didn't give any signs that she wasn't ok but I just like to ask just to make sure.

"I'm fine Bri." She smiled to give another indication that she was fine.

"Ok and I can't believe Terry watches Pretty Little Liars like what the fuck?" 

"I know right!" Tami shrieked. "You don't see a lot of hardcore guys like Terry watch shows like Pretty Little Liars." She laughed. 

"Yeah." I agreed. 

"Ugh, I have to pee really badly. I'll be back." 

"Ok."

When she left I laid myself down on her bed. I felt something under me so I got up to see what it was and it was a diary. Who writes in diaries anymore? I thought. I didn't like to snoop in people's stuff but something was telling me to look in her diary. So I did. The first two pages were just talking about how it was after she left the hospital. Nothing really juicy. I decided to go to the last page she wrote on. It wrote....

Its been a month since the whole situation happened. In a way I was glad it happened but in another way I wasn't. I was glad it happened because now my parents are in jail and I won't have to deal with them anymore. Now I live with aunty Lena. When Lena heard what happened she was willing to let me stay with her instead of going to a foster home and I will forever be thankful for that. 

The whole thing started off normal but when I continued reading it I became really shocked, worried and confused. I felt so hurt when I read this line from her diary. I'm away from the people who made me unhappy but I'm still unhappy. On the outside you couldn't tell though. I made my boyfriend and friends believe that I was getting better but deep down I knew I wasn't. 

So all this time she had Lena, Kya, Terry and I believing she was ok when she really wasn't? I was shocked. Tami is a great actor because she gave no indication that she was depressed or feeling this way.

I could feel tears forming into my eyes as I read the last sentence. I''m just broken glass that can't be fixed :( ....I just don't want to be here anymore. I don't see my purpose. I just want to D...I...E!