Chapter 1: First day of school

2 WEEKS LATER.....

Kya P.O.V.

I couldn't believe it was the first day of school already. It felt like summer flew by faster than Kim Kardashian's marriage with Kris Humphries. That's how fast it went! I would be walking into Melrose High in less than two minutes and I couldn't help the excitement that was crawling under my skin. 

My mom dropped me off at school early because she had to drop off my two little brothers before she went to work at 7:30. 

I took out my cellphone to check the time. It was only 7:10 so I decided to go eat breakfast to kill time.

I grabbed a muffin and an apple juice and went to go sit by Nisha. I've known Nisha since middle school when she moved here from India a few years ago. She is my definition of pretty. She has an oval face with a slightly pointed chin and had eyebrows that were perfectly arched. Her eyes are round and the color of burnt hazel. And she has nice, long jet black hair that hung down the small of her back.

"Hey Nisha." 

"Oh hey." She said, moving over to give me some space to sit.

"What do you have first period?" I took out my schedule. 

"I have Mrs.Anderson first period, what about you?"

"I got Mr.Walker." 

Nisha scrunched up her face.

"Why are you making that face?" I asked.

"I made that face because Mr.Walker is a stupid teacher. He doesn't know how to teach or control a class or do anything for that matter."

"Wow, is he that bad?" 

Nisha looked at me like I was stupid and said "Of course he's that bad Kya. When have I ever lied to you?"

We started eating our breakfast then Nisha's boyfriend, Jake walked up to our table.

"Hey baby." Jake said to Nisha as he took a seat at our table.

"Heyyy." Nisha said with huge grin on her face. 

"Hey Kara." Jake said turning to face me.

"Its Kya!" I snapped.

Nisha turned around and gave me a look that told me that I needed to calm down.  

Jake never remembers my name. In the past he has called me Kayla, Kiarra, Kylah and a whole bunch of other stuff. I mean, how hard is it to remember the name KYA? Jake is cool and all but he needs to start remembering my name.

I turned my head and saw people crowding around the middle of the lunchroom. "What's going on?" I asked.

Nisha followed my gaze and said "I think there's a fight!" 

"You know what that means." 

We both got up and ran to where all the action was happening. I pushed my way through a couple of people. Katy and Marina were fighting. I thought they were best friends. Guess not. Some people had there phones out and were video taping the whole thing.

All they were doing was pulling on each other's hair though. But things got real interesting when Katy snatched a huge chunk of hair out of Marina's scalp. The crowd that surrounded them went wild! Marina started screaming. I saw some security guards coming so Nisha and I quickly went back to our seats.

The two security guards pulled Katy and Marina apart. "That's what happens when you mess with my man!"  Katy yelled as she tried getting out of one of the security guards grip.