Chapter 9: First and last time smoking

Tami P.O.V.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! I turned off my alarm and got up from bed. I had to wake up a little earlier than usual since I had no ride, and had to walk to school. My mom was at work and my dad was probably somewhere getting drunk. He was rarely ever home anymore.

I took a shower and brushed my teeth. I decided to put a floral dress on since it was warm outside. I ate a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch then left my house at 6:50. It was actually pretty light outside when I started walking.

I saw two little kids running around and fighting over a toy. I did a zig zag around them. 

I spotted Terry in a red Honda parked in front of a blue house. When did he get a new car? I walked past his car without even acknowledging him. He jumped out of his car and started running after me.

"Tami! I need to talk to you." I thought he said I was going to be the one begging to talk to him. Ha! Look who's beggin now! 

I ignored him. He was NOT worth my time! 

"Tami please let me talk to you." He begged.

I couldn't stand hearing him beg. He sounded so patheic. I stopped walking even though I knew I should've kept walking. "What do you want Terry?"

"Can you come inside my car so we can talk?"

"If you want to talk to me, you're going to have to talk to me right here."

"Ok, well I'm really sorry Tami. I didn't mean to hurt you. I have a really bad anger problem so its hard for me to control my anger. That's why I went off on you like that."

He looked so pathetic, it wasn't even funny.

"Is that all you have to say to me?"

"I'm sorry for saying all those rude things to you. I just want you to give me one more chance to make it up to you."

"You really think you can make it up to me?" I asked.

"Yeah, just give me one more chance." He pleaded.

"Ok. I need a ride to school anyways."

His smile quickly faded away and harden. "You only said ok to get a ride from me?" 

"No Terry. I want to start over with you, I just also want a ride to school."

"You are something else Tami, just get into the car."

I got into the passenger seat where I was NOT welcomed by smell of weed or alcohol. His car actually smelled good.

"When did you get a new car Terry?"

"My mom bought me a new car for my birthday. The other car you saw me with was my dad's car."

"When was your birthday?"

"It was two days ago." 

"Well happy belated birthday!"

He smiled. "My birthday would have been completed if you were with me." He said, looking into my eyes.

"You really hurt me Terry. I couldn't let you think you could just walk all over me."

He caressed my cheeks.  "I said I was sorry Tam, when are you going to forgive me?" 

"It might take me some time but I'll get over it. I think its best if we just stay friends."

"Are you sure you just want to be friends?" 

He leaned over and kissed me before I got to respond. The same tingly feeling I felt when we first kissed happened again. I put my arms around his neck as our tounges danced in each other's mouth.