Chapter 11: Numbing The Pain

Tami P.O.V.

I seen Kya and Bri at their usual lunch table and I stormed right up to them. I was ready to fight Bri. If it wasn't for Bri's big ass mouth I wouldn't have gotten in trouble. I had on some sweats, converses, and a bandana wrapped around my head.

"Hey Tami." Bri said. 

"Ain't no hey Tami , we fighting today." 

Bri had a confused look on her face. "What are you talking about? What did I do?" 

"You know what you did. Yesterday my mom called you and asked if I was at your house and couldn't you have said yes instead of telling the truth? I got into so much trouble. When I say trouble I don't mean my parents took away my phone or some shit like that, I'm talking about real trouble."

"Tami you got your story all wrong!" Kya said. "Bri did lie for you. She said that you were with us so I don't know what you thought you was doing by coming up here pretending like you was about to do something. Calm the fuck down." 

I felt so stupid. If Bri told the truth then how come my mother knew that I wasn't at her house.

"Then why did my mom say to me that she knew I wasn't at your house?"

"She probably suspected that I was lying." Bri said. 

"Well next time work on your lying skills so you won't almost get your ass beat!" And with that being said I left. 

Brielle P.O.V.

"What the fuck was that about? I'm really worried about Tami. She came here looking like a gang banger ready to beat my ass over something so stupid." 

Kya just laughed. "She wasn't about to do nothing. She was just putting up a front." 

"I can't believe she would do that to me. She should know I wouldn't do anything that would cause her to get in trouble." 

"Face it Bri. Were losing our best friend." 

***********

Tami P.O.V.

Believe it or not, I felt bad for what I did to Bri. Never in a million years would I ever think I would yell at Bri like that. I was just really pissed off about yesterday and I just took it out on her. All the bad memories are rushing back to me and I needed something to numb the pain I was feeling. I think Terry might just have what I need. 

"You coming to my house?" Terry asked me.

I nodded. "I need to be home by 4:30 because my mom comes back from work at five today." 

He nodded. "I got you." 

I got into the car and said, "Hey, Terry you wouldn't happen to have anything to you know...numb the pain I'm feeling, would you?" 

He smirked. "Are you trying to ask if I have any drugs?"

I slowly nodded my head. I felt so desperate but at that point I would do practically anything that will make me feel better. 

"Well I do but I don't want you to try any hardcore stuff yet. You need to take it slow. We'll start with weed first."

"How much drugs do you have?" 

"Don't worry about that Tami. Just know that I got em." 

I suddenly felt uncomfortable. My thoughts went back to when Kya and Bri were telling me about Terry being hooked to all these drugs. That statement was true but I was not sure about the abusing part. Let's just hope its not.