Chapter 24: Wake Up Call From God

Tami P.O.V.

I woke up the next day with a huge headache. It felt like someone was pounding my head with a hammer. I went into the kitchen and said hello to Lena. Lena had her 'best cook' apron on and was making my favorite breakfast which was pancake, eggs, and bacon. The aroma was making my mouth water.

Maybe having this breakfast will make me feel better about everything that happened yesterday. I was still heart broken. Terry left me. How dare he leave me at a time like this? I thought he was going to be there for me through all of this but I was just so stupid and naive to realize he wasn't. I loved Terry with all my heart and this is what he does to me? A tear slipped down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away so Lena wouldn't notice and ask me questions.

Lena was done making breakfast so we began eating. "This food is delicious." I said, with a mouth full of pancakes.

Lena smiled. "I'm glad you like it."

After we both finished eating I washed the dishes and went upstairs into the bathroom. I took off my clothes. I looked in the mirror and became disgusted. My arms had really deep cuts and scars on them. Yesterday, I didn't realize how hard I was cutting myself. I guess I was just desperate to not feel pain that I didn't realize how bad I was hurting my body. It hurt to touch them. After I finished showering I went into my room. I was forced to put a long sleeve shirt on so I could cover my scars up. I didn't want anyone seeing them. Lena came in my room right after I finished getting dressed.

"Hey Tami, have you seen my earrings? The ones I was wearing yesterday."

"No, sorry."

"Hmm, ok. Isn't it too hot for you to be wearing that?"

"I just took a cold shower so I'm a little cold."

"Oh ok, but you'll get hotter later on."

"Yeah, I'll probably change my shirt later." I said even though I knew I wouldn't.

Terry P.O.V.

I was driving to Bri's house so we could discuss how everything went down with Tami. Kya would be there too. I parked my car in her driveway and rang the doorbell. Bri opened up and hugged me tightly. "Hey Terry."

"Hey Bri."

"So how'd everything with Tami go?"

"I think I should talk about this with everyone, including Kya." I chuckled.

"Oh right. Well let's go upstairs into my room."

We went inside her room and I said hi to Kya. Kya and Bri sat there like I was about to tell them the juiciest gossip.

I sighed and braced myself for what was about to come. "I left her."

"What do you mean you left her?" Kya questioned.

"I broke up with her. I told her if she wasn't willing to get help and better herself than I can't be with her anymore."

"What the fuck?" Kya exclaimed. "That's only going to make her not want to get help even more!"

"Aren't you guys tired of forcing Tami to get help? Tami doesn't want to do anything but sit there and pity herself. I know she's been through a lot but she needs to learn to get over it."

"Terry is right." Bri said, agreeing with me.

Kya shook her head and looked queezy. "I just wasn't sure if that was the best approach. Did you even do anything I told you to?"

"Yes, it was working but I felt like it still wouldn't have gotten Tami to do what we really needed her to do which was to get help so I thought leaving her would open her eyes and make her realize that she needs to stop doing what she is doing and just try to get better. I told her when she's ready to get help she can hit me up."