Chapter 7: Bizarre News

Brielle P.O.V.

It was time for lunch and I got into the cafeteria expecting to see Kya waiting for me but instead I saw Tami and Kya laughing it up like everything was perfect between them. When did they become friends again? I though Tami was still mad at us. Guess not. 

I walked over to the table they were sitting at. "When did this happen?" I said pointing at Tami and Kya.

"This morning actually." Kya said.

"Wow! So you're not mad at us anymore Tami?"

"No, You guys were just trying to help me and I was being a bitch so I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted." I said smiling. I was glad she apologized. 

"We are going to talk about it Tami whether or not you want to talk about it." Kya said.

I sat down and waited for Tami to start speaking.

"Ok, so my dad started acting abusive when he started drinking which was when I was twelve years old. My mother use to be the nicest person ever but I guess over the years she got tired of being nice and started taking her anger out on me but she would never abuse me physically. My mom started to not care about me anymore. She only cared about what my dad had to say. She acted as if it was her destiny to please him. She would listen to everything he said. One day I asked her why she didn't just leave him and she told me she loved him too much. I told her if this is what love was like, I never wanted to be loved. I can't count how many nights I cried hoping and praying that things would be different but they always stayed the same. I never told you guys because my dad told me if I ever tell anyone he will kill my mom. I didn't want that to happen so I stayed quiet. All I wanted from my parents was love and they never gave me that."

I felt tears forming into my eyes. I can't believe Mr.Davis threatened to kill Mrs.Davis! Tami's life was more hectic than I could have ever imagined. 

"Are they still abusing you?" Kya asked.

"There is a good ending to all this. Yesterday my mom called the police on my dad when he tried to hit me. They came and handcuffed him and took him to jail. Now he's in a place where he belongs." I like how she went around the question.

"Wow, you're amazing Tami! I can't even imagine going through all that." Kya said amazed.

She smiled. 

"So what's your relationship with your mom right now?" I asked. 

"We are trying to work it out but I haven't entirely forgiven her yet. My mom has signed us up for therapy." 

"This all happened in a few days?"

"Pretty much. My mom just got tired of getting abused by my dad so when he tried hitting her she just called the police. She decided that we should start our "mother and daughter relationship" over again. She thinks going to therapy is the first step to getting healed."

"I'm proud of you Tami!"

"Were both proud of you." Kya said.

"Awww thanks guys."

I've never seen Tami this happy in a long time. It almost seemed to good to be true.

"I have to go to the restroom guys, I'll be back." Tami said. 

Kya waited until Tami was out of the cafeteria to tell me this "She's not telling us the truth." 

"How do you know?" 

"Bri, Bri, Bri! She shook her head each time she said my name. Get your head out of your ass already."

"Kya, Kya, Kya! I said mocking her. "Calm down."